• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fibermetal build thread

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Keep doin yur homework mike. Sounds like a stout set-up. :cool:

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
You may have to rename this project the fiber metal funding free for all! Can't wait to see this Sum'bitch!

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
You may have to rename this project the fiber metal funding free for all! Can't wait to see this Sum'bitch!

Pete, it's like I have been sucked into a financial vortex on this thing. If and when it gets registered and plates, it should be a very nice rig. I'll take some pics in 2017 when it get plates......:p

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
will be all worth it in the end Mike.....coming to the Round Up?

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Awesome job on the thread and Bronco so far. Looking forward to hear how the new TC works out for you.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Installed my HID Projector lights into the grill

Ok, went over to Nick's (Delconick) shop a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to installing my HID projector lights into my grill along with the parking lights. Drank a few beers, met several of his customers and Nick did a sweet job of doing it all right.

I could hang with Nick at his shop all day long. Great guy, I'm excited for him as begins his plan to move his shop. He certainly has outgrown the one he is in now.

Attachments

• photo-25.jpg
    photo-25.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 280
  • photo-26.jpg
    photo-26.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 232

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lookin good Mike. Nice to see you keep it extra safe in the Living Room.;D

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Lookin good Mike. Nice to see you keep it extra safe in the Living Room.;D

Dave:
Oh, wifey continues to pitch a fit. What shoe doesn't know is it's one of the more expensive pieces of furniture in the house at this time;)

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Man, I seem to have lost some ummph getting this rig to completion. It's fairly close. You guys ever just kinda' drift away some from your projects that you once just were balls to wall over? Don't get me wrong, still a very sweet rig that I hope to be proud of, and soon. But, need to get back on the motivation angle I guess.
Just lamenting............

Bigbird

Haven't touched my Bronco in 10 months. Been too busy and short on funds. It happens. Hopefully when tax time comes, I can get mine done.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Mike, life has a habit of getting in the way. Too much invested (money and time) to let it slip away now. Just a little every week and it will be ready to go by spring since I doubt this one will ever see snow.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Mike, life has a habit of getting in the way. Too much invested (money and time) to let it slip away now. Just a little every week and it will be ready to go by spring since I doubt this one will ever see snow.

Pete:
As always your spot-on with your thoughts. Maybe I'll work on the windshield wipers today.....

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Dave, no not cruising' in it. But, I did get my seats back from the guy that put them in leather, that SEM spray on stuff on the Audi A4 seats just didn't do the trick. I'll post up a few pics of them prior to putting them back in. One of the nicest mods I've done to it.
Electric, electric lumbar, AND heated... Overkill I know, but, what WTH...

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dave, no not cruising' in it. But, I did get my seats back from the guy that put them in leather, that SEM spray on stuff on the Audi A4 seats just didn't do the trick. I'll post up a few pics of them prior to putting them back in. One of the nicest mods I've done to it.
Electric, electric lumbar, AND heated... Overkill I know, but, what WTH...

Sounds nice Mike and why skimp now;D

luckieschmuck

Loc.
West Hollywood, CA
Just saw this build thread now, Miker your build is kicking ass, keep up the great work!
I also have a Fiberglass tub, also mine is one of the 1st ones made 1996?.. (No tailgate) no body braces, yup.. Did your tub come with the braces on the body? Or did you have to purchase them and structure epoxy them on?
I'm in the process of making metal tailgate posts to a fiber tub work and later installing a tailgate.. Yes my fiberglass tub did not come with a tailgate too..

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Just saw this build thread now, Miker your build is kicking ass, keep up the great work!
I also have a Fiberglass tub, also mine is one of the 1st ones made 1996?.. (No tailgate) no body braces, yup.. Did your tub come with the braces on the body? Or did you have to purchase them and structure epoxy them on?
I'm in the process of making metal tailgate posts to a fiber tub work and later installing a tailgate.. Yes my fiberglass tub did not come with a tailgate too..

Hey, thanks for the KUDOS. But, you can probably see, that I was hot and heavy on the build for a long time. Things have really slowed down but I'm getting motivated to pick it back up. I'd really like to take it to Super Celebration in TN next year for the 50th.

Fortunately for me, the tub has the metal bracing all throughout the tub. Sometimes even in places that surprised me. Good luck with your project. Do you have a build thread going on it?