• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally a production one piece window, vent wing delete kit for the EB!!

titanmike

Not sure at the moment if the glass will work properly in a frameless door. There will need to be some kind of frame up front to hold the window support in place.

Update: Making a few packaging revisions to make sure the glass will arrive without being broken during shipping. Kit will be ready to ship soon.

NJBronco

I'm hoping because he's only gonna charge $11 shipped��. I'm definetally in on one of these kits

mavereq

Bronco Guru
I'm still in for a set. I can have my bank mail you a certified check if you want to keep all fees to a minimum.

titanmike

Test install went great. Adding some extra hardware to the kit to fill two unused holes. As soon as new packaging arrives, kits will be ready.
Creating a vendor website to make purchasing easy. working towards Paypal and credit cards.

20150814_061201_zps1e497eb9.jpg

20150814_061142_zps007d58cc.jpg

I am sure the owner will make his comments soon.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
I have a broken driver side window and I refuse to fix it until this kit becomes available

titanmike

For all you guys looking to upgrade to the one piece windows, you will need to check the condition of your lower rear window guides as these are not part of the kit. If the felt in the guides is worn or in bad shape, I suggest your purchase a new set to be installed with the window kit to keep the glass from rattling and scratching when being cranked up and down.

I have seen some questions on this forum about cutting the doors. There is a metal brace that runs from the outside panel to the inside panel just below the wind wing. This will need to be removed along with a small wind wing bracket just below this metal brace. Some welding will be needed to return the doors to original shape if wind wings are later wanted but I don't think anyone will want to go that route after enjoying the benefits of the one piece glass, i.e. no more wind noise, no more water leaking inside and no more rattles.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
First off I would like to say thanks to Mike for using me as another tester for his awesome wing window delete kit. This kit is simply amazing. Mike showed me all the parts that were included in the kit, along with how it was all packaged up to ship. The packaging of the parts couldn't have been done better. He was very cautious in how he organized his packaging to prevent any damages in the shipping process.

Mike did the whole install himself and I wish I were available to see how it all went together so I can't comment on the install itself. But I went over the instructions that is included in the kit and it is very detailed with lots of pictures through the process of the installation.
Now my experience with the kit installed in one word.... AWESOME!! My windows have never looked nor function as good as this kit. The windows roll up and down in a heart beat. My doors no longer rattle when I'm driving down the road or when I close them shut!! The quality of the parts used in the kit look to be very good and should definitely last a long time. I only have one complaint about this kit... I can't tell if my windows are rolled up or down ;D .

I would definitely buy this kit again. I would not hesitate to do business with Mike. He is a stand up guy with lots of knowledge and went the extra mile on fixing my hacked up door to make the wing window delete kit function much better. Once again thanks for all the work and for an awesome kit Mike!!

Kev

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
Are there provisions for mirrors in the little triangle piece?

I am wondering that as well. Pictures early in the thread show a mirror on the triangle and on the last test fit, no mirror. Just wondering if the mirrors come with the kit or do we source our own, and if so what ones work with it? Also, I may have missed it, but I didn't read anywhere whether this will work on 66-67 doors. The kit looks great, thanks for doing this!

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
I am wondering that as well. Pictures early in the thread show a mirror on the triangle and on the last test fit, no mirror. Just wondering if the mirrors come with the kit or do we source our own, and if so what ones work with it? Also, I may have missed it, but I didn't read anywhere whether this will work on 66-67 doors. The kit looks great, thanks for doing this!

Those look like a JK mirror, so 07-15 JK's

A quick search shows them cheapish at quadratech

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13111_0330.htm

The door mounted FJ mirrors would look good with this kit I think too.