• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fitech efi air filter

franco

working on fitech conversion and the 14" k&n doesn't fit .tried a flat base and the filter hits hood. what filter set up is working for this convertion?

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Franco, I used a Spectre 14" with a drop base on mine. I had to run 90* AN fittings at the unit and slightly dent the inside of the drop base to provide clearence. I am also running a 1/2" spacer under the unit to provide room for the linkage and opted to run a phenolic just to reduce temps. So far so good.

84f1fb09740437f7a82476d596cee9fc.jpg

07c59f5e486ad21023dc17a63c78de2d.jpg

OP
OP
F

franco

thanks, the spectra looks similar to the ones I'm trying. my k&n is the same style as you have. I have 1" body lift. the drop bases I tried hit the return side of efi. I used the same 6 an set up, they clear fine. do you remember what the drop base math was?
nice job on the fire wall and air intake modifications

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I do not have the numbers off hand and my rig is at the upholstery shop for a few weeks. All I did was take a ball peen hammer and looked where it was touching adn did a little massaging. It didn't take much and you cannot see any of it with the cleaner installed. I am thinking the Spectre was a 2" drop and a 3" filter.

OP
OP
F

franco

thanks, not a bad idea. have a 14" x 3" k&n w/ 200 miles on it . figured it would fit no problem. spent more time on air filter than fitech install. FYI like Englewood did , you have to 90 down the return side and 45 the back inlet . drop down base needs a 1/2" riser to clear. with a 1/2" phenolic there is about a 1/4" clearance to stock hood w/ !" body lift