• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Four bucket seats and family cage addition

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
Actually the number of houses has grown but the schools keep getting smaller there is only 30 kids or so at the Big Creek School, Pine Ridge is down to about 60. With all the power projects complete and almost no logging anymore there isn't to many jobs for working families. Most houses are second homes or occupied by retirees, and professionals with out kids that commute to the valley. Still no schools in Shaver. My better half teaches down at Sierra High School, even down there they are seeing declining enrollment.

Our family bronco made many a trip up and down the old toll house grade to go to fresno for groceries before the highway was completed. I guess that really opened things up. Have you run the Dusy-Ershim trail yet? I've always wanted to get back out there and take a week and leisurely run the trail with lots of fishing and hiking stops. That's some of the prettiest country in the world up there. It's too bad they closed off so many trails with the creation of the John Muir wilderness area. When we went up about 10 years ago we couldn't get back into the areas behind Lake Edison that used to have great trails. I've got some classic pictures of our stock bronco pulling a small camping trailer with an aluminium boat on the top up the trail to Red Lake. No one believed we could make it in there, but we did. We even parked the trailer and made it up to Coyote Lake, although we lost of little bit of the exhaust pipe on the way.

Great memories!

Regards,
Glenn

OP
OP
scsm76

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
Our family bronco made many a trip up and down the old toll house grade to go to fresno for groceries before the highway was completed. I guess that really opened things up. Have you run the Dusy-Ershim trail yet? I've always wanted to get back out there and take a week and leisurely run the trail with lots of fishing and hiking stops. That's some of the prettiest country in the world up there. It's too bad they closed off so many trails with the creation of the John Muir wilderness area. When we went up about 10 years ago we couldn't get back into the areas behind Lake Edison that used to have great trails. I've got some classic pictures of our stock bronco pulling a small camping trailer with an aluminium boat on the top up the trail to Red Lake. No one believed we could make it in there, but we did. We even parked the trailer and made it up to Coyote Lake, although we lost of little bit of the exhaust pipe on the way.

Great memories!

Regards,
Glenn
Yes the trails have changed a bit when I was around 8 (around 82) or so I remember driving into Red Lake with my grandfather in his stock 73 bronco. That same bronco became my first car at 16. A lot of it still exists in my current bronco. I combined the drivetrain from his into a rust free 69.
I have been on the Dusy a few times. I usually make it to Coyote lake most summers, you would probably bend a lot more than a tail pipe trying to take a stock bronco on either of those now a days.

OP
OP
scsm76

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
Found some time this afternoon to get some more stuff done on the cage. I added some grab handles, some more top pieces, down tubes, seat belt mounting tabs and inserts, some brackets to hold my tool boxes, and finished welding everything. I think I'm pretty much done unless I think of something else to add tonight. Hopefully I can get it painted up this weekend and back in.

Attachments

• IMG_2479 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2479 (Medium).JPG
    76 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2480 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2480 (Medium).JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2481 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2481 (Medium).JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2482 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2482 (Medium).JPG