• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Frame to cage tie-ins

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
I think he got them from 4 wheel parts because they could have them the next day.. they are for a Ch$$#^ 3/4 ton.. Jerry has the numbers etc..

The reason for only tow bolts is the other two are actually inside the floor brace. Would have to cut the main support brace out to get a full 6x6 plate with 4 bolts..

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Correct me if I'm wrong (it happens sometimes). Wouldnt that set up (Jerry's) be stronger if the poly bushing were under the plate at the body and the tie in was welded and gusseted at the frame? As it is it looks like it would be very easy to collapse.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Correct me if I'm wrong (it happens sometimes). Wouldnt that set up (Jerry's) be stronger if the poly bushing were under the plate at the body and the tie in was welded and gusseted at the frame? As it is it looks like it would be very easy to collapse.

Yes, they have been discussing this over on J's other cage thread. There was a reason that they did it the way that they did.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96876

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
$159 each??? :eek:

I used these. Basically the same thing without some bent tubing and only $7 each.

Hey, I didn't buy them - I was just trying to provide an illustration of what he could do. :cool: Also, they are $159 for a pair of them. But still, I like your $7 version better.

OP
OP

3T

I checked with them and the bushing is 1.75" OD and is $11.50 each. The mounting plate is another $15.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Yes, you can do that. Get and old mud flap from an 18-wheeler and cut some pieces to sandwiche in there.

An old conveyor belt might work if you don't go with the bushing. I used to work at a stone yard/quarry and they always had an old belt laying around, bet you could get for free.