• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel filter empty after every start

xparatroop501

Loc.
Olathe, KS
More ?s, I suppose it will never stop. So I installed an edlebrock 600 cfm carb and since then my fuel filter is empty after I run it. To start the bronco I have to use a spray of starter fluid and starts up just fine. Should the filter be below the inlet to the carb?
Thanks in advance!!

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Yes it should be below the inlet. If you still have issues how old is the pump and have you checked your fuel lines? You might have pressure bleeding off which can happen from either of those arears.

OP
OP
X

xparatroop501

Loc.
Olathe, KS
I haven't checked he lines or pump yet, figured they were good because the filter was 3/4 the way full with the old 2 barrel carb. I probably need to lower the filter.

OP
OP
X

xparatroop501

Loc.
Olathe, KS
Thanks for the help, as you can probably tell, this is the first carbureted engine that I've had. I sold a 2001 cobra to try my hand at an EB!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Id check the float level. Ive seen quite a few edelbrock have the same hard starting issue due to float levels that are to low.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
The Edelbrock I had on my 72 did the same thing. Was a whore to start each time. I fixed it by replacing it with a Holley. :) Cranks first time, every time!