• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Sending Unit Removal

69BroncoNH

Hi,

I've spent half the day trying to get the ring that holds the fuel sending unit off. I can't get it to budge. It could very well be the original piece. I've sprayed it with all kinds of lubs. No luck.?:?

Any thoughts?

Thanks, John

ransil

Bronco Guru
Bfh are you turning it the right way?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Chisel or screwdriver on one of the three tabs, hammer pounding it counter clockwise. If it is the original ring that has never been removed, it may just break into pieces.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Any luck? Took mine out a handful of times over the past couple months. The ring rotates counter clockwise when looking at it. Clockwise to put it back on. Dont forget a new o ring

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
brass punch....hit like ya mean it! if not, pop it out and bring it to BYOB this weekend and i'll do it for ya! :cool:

OP
OP

69BroncoNH

Hi Randy,

I'll need a full tank to get to BYOB, that will be messy. Made you can break it loose and I'll take it out at home. Weather looks good for Saturday, I'll see you there.

John

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sux that it's being such a PITA for you.. Have fun at BYOB.....

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Hi Randy,

I'll need a full tank to get to BYOB, that will be messy. Made you can break it loose and I'll take it out at home. Weather looks good for Saturday, I'll see you there.

John

look forward to it!