• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gave up & took the bronco to town.

MonsterBIlly

I am reading this post and It is so close to home. I am in AZ and 60 percent of my customers over the last 2 years have relocated here from Cali. 775 people a week are moving from Cali to metro Phx each week.

As far as Broncos, I just did an engine swap in may garage. with my tools. Once together I had a flex plate/spacer plate clearance problem. So i removed the trans and transfer case and flex plate to address. once together I realized this was my last big car project. My body just hurts to much. Time is tough to get with me being self employeed and all.

As far As "The Kid" I have a young man that lives down my street. 16 years old. Started washing and detailing cars a couple years ago for nieghors. He earned enough to buy himself a sweet little import ride. he currently details/washes about 10 cars a week and does a great job. Makes great cash. This gives me hope for future car guys.

seems like it has faded over the last 30 years.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
GOOD Store BILLY .
Those move in Kalif will probable file charges on him for not having some kind of license to buy green soap.
... Now I'm about to leave & go on a mimi vacation so I can't get it home until about next weekend .

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I hear you on the pain thing at 61 i only have about 4 hours automotive work left in me at a time and some days i dont do anything the next day. But i have a couple hundred projects in line. Last year we gave up and bought a place in havasu to run away too. I still have a year or 6 til i can retire and get the hell out of here. I am done with this state it can go to hell.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
WELL this has taken a while . But i GOT MY FUEL TANK back from the radiator shop & Young man got it back in last night & added fuel & he ran it for a good while in his shop & said it ran great.
... SO I ask him how much & He only charged me $200.00. I paid him fast...

$200??? Damn Pa, that is a steal. I wish I had a kid like that here in Orygun. Congrats on gettin' here running and on the way back to PACO TACO. ;D

Attachments

• Taco.jpg
    Taco.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I love Paco Taco . We went to supper with the BAKER tonight . I have a friend that at 70 had done quite well in life But then he had an Aunt ... & a Separate Uncle . & His Parents all pass away in about a year.
Next thing I know He's a director at the Bank in the town over.
So we went to super with them tonight before we leave on mimi vacation . We try to stay in touch ... WE've been friends for 60 years . SO I don't like to loose any contact .. With this kind of friend .
... Also supper to night I ran s deal by him about ... Trade app 35 or maybe 40ac to a Investment firm. For 25ac in front of my place . He loved it & had lots of advise on how to work the trade slightly more in my direction.
... & If I can get this trade made. Then I can began to sell more of my own property. But from the back to the front.
... If I can get that pulled off I can drag in about 75,000. to maybe 125,000. each time I make a sell. & I could still have 10 or maybe 15 sells to make before I meet the Grim Reaper..
& I'd not need to sell out or move this way.& My Grand Kids can still have as much left as I sell.

Last edited:

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Trade some land for the kid I'm sure the parents will deal. then he can keep up with all your stuff.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
ElKabong.... yeah, us Eastern Wa and all the folks in Idaho have lost our culture... being taken over by CA folks who pay cash for some overpriced barren ground and then they whine about us locals... :( It's starting to get some heat from the locals... don't want us plowing fields or spraying crops or cutting trees or etc, etc...

Yeah... just too many people period... lol

My kids are 7th generation Oregon Territory so we've been here a while.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
so I went by last night & heard my Bronco run for a while .
I'm planning on bringing it home tomorrow night.. THEN IT'S which one is next to town.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
ElKabong.... yeah, us Eastern Wa and all the folks in Idaho have lost our culture... being taken over by CA folks who pay cash for some overpriced barren ground and then they whine about us locals... :( It's starting to get some heat from the locals... don't want us plowing fields or spraying crops or cutting trees or etc, etc...

Yeah... just too many people period... lol

My kids are 7th generation Oregon Territory so we've been here a while.

Fwiw, when we bought our retirement property, we had to sign paperwork stating that we understood that we are in an agricultural community & that just how it is. If we don't want grazing cattle on our land we should put up a fence.

I like to explain that we're not native californians. My grandfather's grandfather came for gold in 1849. Let's see... l guess that makes my grandkids the 7th generation of transplants living in this zoo.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
so I went by last night & heard my Bronco run for a while .
I'm planning on bringing it home tomorrow night.. THEN IT'S which one is next to town.

Very cool! I'll bet it'll be good to get behind the wheel again.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pa, LEBC Roundup is next weekend, Oct 1-3. I'm considering going on Thursday. I haven't been to my office in Fort Worth since March and I probably need to dust off my desk and such. I'd probably leave home in Malta, TX about 3:30am like I used to do, head to the office at Lockheed Martin FW, work about 8 hours and then I'd be heading on down to Mason with my little tent.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Man this kid that did my Bronco .. He has a guy renting a stall from him . That guy does seat covers. I ask for a price to have my seats recovered. After about 12 years they are very faded out ..

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
make sure to upholster taco's Lair too or he will point you in the wrong direction.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Rusty i'M GOING to have to Remake his Lair ..
He's been know to get excited & Pee in his bed.
When we get into a pig chase or even a rabbit & DEER can excite him..
But his TACO Tray is almost rusted out.
... It is covered in the same skin as the Bronco.
But I got the Bronco back tonight .
By the time I GOT IT HOME I discovered it had a rather large Diesel leak. I was so glad to get it home I didn't care. As I was driving it home I thought it had some issue.
.... & Man did it have another issue .. I don't think I've driven anything that is as worn out as the front end is on this Bronco. Man I've only had it on my farm for the last couple of years . & I've just filled it up from the farm fuel .. It's not red fuel . Red is too much trouble today.

SO I'VE GOT TO get under the Bronco & check this front end .
...the diesel leak is of not much issue to me . CRACKED FUEL LINE . Clamp left loose. Return line can loose .

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Wow so I had to go use my phone ..
What cheu talkin bout PaPitt.
Well.. SO.. When you live in the country & Your cell phone signal does quite get to you on 99% of the days. You have to put your SLIPPERS BACK ON & drive to the mail box & use your phone Just part of living remote but the internet works at the House.
... SO I drove up to the mail box & sent about 8 text. & 2 phone calls.
.. Work doesn't stop at 5:00pm around the farm.
SO THE 8 tEXT BACK & FOURTH are for supper tomorrow night ..
so it ain't real work . But we're eating supper with the banker & His son has the feed Yard in the Panhandle .. JimD SAY HOLD THE CALVES UNTIL DEC 10 this year.
... & The hay cutter man . Says he can come cut & bail my very little patch .. It's across the county road from where he has a 200ac. field .. He has a 3 string hay bailer ..
& I try & put up a couple hundred bails about every 3 or 4 years .. I call it Sick Cow Hay.
As all my cow hay is round bails. That I can now feed with my PICK-UP HAY TRUCK .
.... BUT I like some sick cow hay in my barn . If I have a sick cow I feed her . or If I buy a couple & keep them in the corrals for a few days . I need this kind of hay.
& Each winter I need 16 for winterizing water faucets . . I place 2 going one direction on the faucet & THEN I PUT 2 MORE ON TOP GOING THE OPPOSITE Direction . & MY WATER DOESN'T FREEZE IN THE WINTER.. SPRING COME & I feed them to the cows.
... & i'M NOT ABOVE SELLING SOME .

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. MAN I LOVE MY LIFE.
Yes I've had lots of pit falls..But I sure love the fact my Glass is still
HALF Full.
.... & I'M REALLY AFRAID IT'S going to be really cold winter this year.
bUT IT LOOKS like I have plenty of Hay on the ground & ALL BUT 3 PASTURES ARE IN GREAT SHAPE.& I HAVE 5 PASTURES THAT haven't had a cow in them this summer.
... LET'S RUMBLE & THE BRONCO IS RUNNING AGAIN & IT'LL FEED THEM COWS.
... HOKA HEY...
OR Since I'm part Cherokee . It'd be Yutta-Hey.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. so after getting my Bronco home from town .. It busted a fuel line about half way home . SO ALSO this evening after I got the tires changed I thought I'd crank it up & find the flue leak .
Holly smoke I has a split line I'd say .. IT's spraying so much .. I killed it & I'll let it dry .. I'll check that area tomorrow .. But it was spraying a pattern that looked like it had about 6 holes in a line . I couldn't see it because it was behind the frame. But it was blowing about a 6inch circle & It won't rust next month.
... So I';ll look it over after it's dry tomorrow.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
SO I got under my Bronco & couldn't see where the fuel line was broken .
SO I GOT OUT FROM UNDER SAID BRONCO .
got MIMI much to her did may to come out & turn the & that turns on the fuel pump .. I saw the leak fast . SO SHE TURNED OFF THE KEY .
SO I GOT OUT FROM UNDER SAOD BRONCO AGAIN
I TOLD Mimi thanks for helping me work in the Bronco .. She had something to say & back into the house she went.
SO Under Bronco again & removed about a foot long section of 1/4 fuel return line .. Who'd think return fuel line could leak that much.
SO I GOT OUT FROM UNDER SAID BRONCOS AGAIN ...
Then it was a trip to town to get some fuel line & clamps.
GOT HOME BACK UNDER THE BRONCO ... Replaced the fuel line & Realized I'd forgotten to get some zip ties to tidy up some wires .
SO I GOT OUT FROM UNDER DAMN BRONCO AGAIN
Back under to put on the zip ties .. Don't want to hook an electric wire on a limb in the pasture. SO I GOT OUT FROM UNDER MY NICE RUNNING LITTLE BRONCO
... & I'm old enough now that each one of the getting out from under the BRONCO It almost a life changing even to get off the ground & back on my feet .
SOME Times it takes 3 or 4 minutes to get up. I sure wish I had a lift.
... I've not drove my Bronco yet today but I did let it run for about 5 minutes. while I picked up my tools .
I had to come back inside to cool off. It's got up into the mid 90s today.
TACO & I'll go for a run tonight ...

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well I wrote for about 30 minutes & I guess it didn't print..
SO Taco & I took the Bronco out on a fun run tonight. IT DIDN'T RUN QUITE RIGHT But it did make it all evening . It just seemed to surge at times.
TACO DIDN'T MIND AT ALL..
WE WENT & PICKED UP MR. NOLAN .. He's a dog trainer . & TACO JUST LOVES HIM. When we turn into his gate TACO IS WHINNING & READY TO SEE MR. Nolan.
SO AFTER NOLAN GIVES TACO a hug. Taco is back over at my window & STANDING on his TACO TRAY. I got a picture of TACO standing on his tray. We made several trips up & down the C.R. & TACO GOT TO WHERE HE just laid down on his TACO TRAY . & Let the wind blow though his ears ... He was in TACO HEAVEN...
I sent that picture to Pete aka Fat Boy & maybe this will trigger him to post it.
TACO's glad to have the Bronco home .