• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gear shift indicator adjustment

Trappey74

Loc.
Cleveland
How do I adjust my gear shift so that my red indicator is lined up on the right gear. It's off just a bit toward the left side of each position.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Block the wheels and set the parking brake. Loosen the linkage nut on the trans lever so the linkage rod can move freely. Move the trans lever to the neutral position. That's 2 clicks down from the park position. Make sure the column is set to the neutral position. You might need to have someone hold it there. Now tighten the linkage nut. You may need to readjust the neutral safety switch (NSS) after this.

Loosen the 2 small bolts holding the NSS. Block wheels and place trans in neutral. Insert small pin (1/16" drill bit) in hole in side of NSS. Adjust NSS body back and forth until pin can be pushed into hole approximately 1/2". Tighten NSS bolts.