• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got the hood today!!!

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=TexasBronco link=board=5;threadid=16201;start=0#msg123184 date=1049937575]
I just got my Fiberglass hood, I must say I am quite pleased. I bought it form Wild Bill over in the For Sale Parts section. I must say it is nice. I have pictures if you go to the link. It isn't installed but will be by the end of the month.

http://texasbronco.tripod.com/Bronco/questions.htm

[/quote]

How flimsy is it?? I know thats the problem with rocky roads hoods...

OP
OP
TexasBronco

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
[quote author=HNRYS69 link=board=5;threadid=16201;start=0#msg123238 date=1049943578]
[/quote]

It is pretty study, but it isn't a rocky roads hood
RCIH.jpg
this is the one from rocky, and where as theres just has a scoop, wine has a scoop on top of the original hood lines. See? It looks like it but isn't

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
I know its not the same :) Just wondered how that was for flimsyness (if thats a word) I think the bubble on rocky roads looks lame and rumor has it they suck on being flimsy. But I really like the one you got and the protofab one.

OP
OP
TexasBronco

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
[quote author=HNRYS69 link=board=5;threadid=16201;start=0#msg123259 date=1049944699]
I know its not the same :) Just wondered how that was for flimsyness (if thats a word) I think the bubble on rocky roads looks lame and rumor has it they suck on being flimsy. But I really like the one you got and the protofab one.
[/quote]

Yeah there is a built in support running around the edges, and that makes it strong.....I will take a photo after school to show you.

66horse

Bronco Guru
Ya man I like that. I like the way they kept the original lines. Rocky Roads is kinda bubbly or too roundish or something. Anyway i like it!

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
[quote author=TexasBronc link=board=5;threadid=16201;start=0#msg123371 date=1049984830]
Looks Nice...I wished I would have bought it! :'(
[/quote]
He's selling more than one of them. Some guy lays the fiberglass by hand, so if you order one he can make it.

Wild Bill

Loc.
Collinsville Ok.
:) Thanks for the kudos TexasBronco! I'm really glad you like the hood.

All of the parts I sell are hand-laid and hand rolled ensuring a strong durable part. Each hood weighs about 31 lbs. so it easily falls under the specifications of a fiberglass racing part.

Check out my ads that TexasBronco listed above, I would be happy to meet everyone's fiberglass replacement part needs.

Thanks,
Wild Bill

Also keep watching the "for sale" boards; I should have some new products available soon!

Wild Bill

Loc.
Collinsville Ok.
Yup, Greyhound PackageXpress.
It's good enuff for Jesse James and West Coast Choppers!!

My first two crates I built were about 4" too big, so I had to take 'em back and rework 'em. Plus when we walk in with a crate that size you can actually feel every sphincter in the room contract. I'm usually told that it will go out on the next bus with available room. So it may take 'em two or three days before they can get it out.

It's the least expensive way I've found to ship a hood, most places I looked into quoted me $160-$300+ to ship a hood. I even had one place quote me a rate of $1400!!!!!! :eek: Some of those guys are nuts!!

Curly

Loc.
Round Rock, Texas
[quote author=TexasBronco link=board=5;threadid=16201;start=0#msg123254 date=1049944499]
[quote author=HNRYS69 link=board=5;threadid=16201;start=0#msg123238 date=1049943578]
[/quote]

It is pretty study, but it isn't a rocky roads hood
RCIH.jpg
this is the one from rocky, and where as theres just has a scoop, wine has a scoop on top of the original hood lines. See? It looks like it but isn't
[/quote]

That looks awesome!!!! Great work Wild Bill! Hey, what kind of bumper is that, I really like the look of that one.

OP
OP
TexasBronco

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
[quote author=Curly link=board=5;threadid=16201;start=15#msg124159 date=1050211047]
[quote author=TexasBronco link=board=5;threadid=16201;start=0#msg123254 date=1049944499]
That looks awesome!!!! Great work Wild Bill! Hey, what kind of bumper is that, I really like the look of that one.
[/quote]

well that photo is one from rocky roads, and that also is their bumper. There hood has a problem of being weak, I don't know much about there other products.

http://rockyr.iserver.net/webstore/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RRWS&Category_Code=B[/quote]