• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grease Fitting on Borg Warner Style Driveshaft

KDML

The borg warner style front driveshaft for my 1970 Bronco had a grease fitting in the hole shown in the picture. It was a 90 degree fitting which appears to have been pressed in. I found no thread on the fitting or in the hole. This is my first BW style shaft, -was this a factory fitting? The hole appears to be off center slightly so I am not sure if someone actually drilled it and relieved the driveshaft to install it. Do they make replacement press-in fittings - I have never seen this before?

Thanks
Doug

Attachments

• DSC06203 - revised.JPG
    DSC06203 - revised.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 35

67ster

Bronco Guru
In use press in fittings from Bowman in a straight configuration for some things I make at work , they are made for 3/16 " , 1/4" amd 5/16"holes and perhaps other sizes . -- I seem to remember my '66 having a fitting for the centering ball both front and rear and used a small needle attachment with a small hand grease gun but you have to be careful not to blow the seal out of it with too much grease .