• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hanson Bumper Mass Buy! - Ends 2/15/07

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A little update for those still patiently (thank you!) waiting. They called this morning and explained what's been happening over the last several days. They haven't been slacking while we waited it seems and have pretty much all of them built and at the coater. They even got a couple of the fronts back already and those are just waiting for the matching rears and carriers to come back so they can ship.

That's the semi-good news.
The real issue though is that they're still having trouble with the coater and should already have had more bumpers back than they do. On the last two deliveries however some of the bumpers were either already scratched and/or had sub-par finishes on them.
So a large batch of bumpers (not just ours, but Jeeps too) got sent back for re-coating.

The next bit of semi-good news is that some of those are "supposed" to be back by tomorrow. If that happens, and they are in good shape, we may see some ship by next week. LAI (lots-a-ifs).
Everyone involved, including the coater(!), knows that your bumpers are priorities, but obviously Hanson doesn't really have any control of them once they're out of the building. Hopefully though at least some of them, if not all, will be on the next delivery. And in good shape.

So I guess it was more of a good-faith update on their part, just to keep us in the loop. He wasn't exactly happy to make a call with nothing to ship quite yet, and to tell us about problems, but I'm glad he did it anyway.
So, no promises of course, until the bumpers arrive and are fully inspected and ready to ship, but I wanted to let you know that there may be good news soon.

The coater isn't exactly inspiring confidence at this point obviously. Until recently however, they were one of the areas most highly regarded coaters. So we'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So, some more good news. Two more orders shipped out today. Actually left the building, as they say, so they're confirmed. Should be where they're going in a few days. Cary's going to e-mail the details to the interested parties.
That leaves them almost done I think.

And speaking of which, did you ever get your W8274 Winch mount Tom? I left a message with them about that, since I forgot to ask when I had them on the phone, again. But if you've already got it then we don't need to worry about it at this end anymore.

Thanks

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
He said that one of the rears should be back from the coater (hopefully) by tomorrow. If that's the case then he said it would ship out by Wednesday.
If that's yours Tim, then good news for you too. I just didn't want to get you all excited yet!!!!

We'll make sure that all are present and accounted for before celebrating.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well Tim ol' boy. Glad I told you not to get too excited just yet. You got a couple more days to go it seems. Actually, I am sorry I didn't just go down the list before I shot my mouth off. I was just excited to say that some were shipping, and others were almost ready. But I didn't mean to tease.

For the most recent update, some of you might have already gotten some PM's or e-mails or whatever from Cary, but Devon and Mike, your orders went out yesterday and should arrive in a few days.
The next rear did come in as expected and it should ship out tomorrow to fill out Brett's order. Sorry Tim, but yours is next after that.
That next one should be back in a couple of days or so. If all goes like it has been, then it should ship that same day, or the next.

That's it for now. More details to come as we get them.

Paul

4x4x289

Hanson front bumpers kick butt!! Here's a sneak peak at the brush guard that i'm building for my bumper. 1.5 dom. Flips down for a combo table/cooler holder. Lets go surf fishiing! ;D

Attachments

• hansen10.jpg
    hansen10.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 68

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sweet idea! Is it on separate pivots, or mounted to the clevis tabs?
Oh, and is that cross-bar going to be in the way of a roller fairlead? Or are you going synthetic rope with a hawse type fairlead?

Paul

jdevon

Loc.
Dallas Area
mine just arrived in a HUGE crate. prolly 4.5 X 5 X 6 crate, and packed very, very well in foam. they are awesome. hopefully i can have them on sometime this weekend. that rear tire carrier is begging me to go buy some new wheels and tires.

thanks again for putting this together!

kntr

Bronco Guru
Anyone get a set of D-rings for their Hanson yet? What size did you get? Pics?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The appropriate size shackle is with a 7/8" diameter screw-pin and a slightly larger than 1" opening. Same as the shackles available from Warn (large) and some of the other manufacturers.
Don't know if they give them a size rating, but I think the pin is the deciding factor in most.

Paul

doran4x

Contributor
Paul,

I got the Warn mount a couple of weeks ago. It was bare, so I sand blasted it and sprayed some semi gloss black on it and it looks fine. Thanks for asking. The front bumper looks great.

Tom:cool:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok, glad to hear it.
Out of curiosity, I asked them why yours was bare instead of silver zinc plated like normal. I was told that although they're normally plated, they do occasionally pull one out of the line-up for a couple of reasons.
One: They might be in a hurry to get it to the customer (after waiting so long or the customer's in a rush) so they don't want to wait another week or two for the plater to finish.
Or Two: They sometimes take one out prior to plating when it's going with an un-coated bumper. That way the customer gets all un-coated products since they're obviously planning to do something different with it anyway, and the zinc plating might not be desireable.

In your case obviously, since you got a coated bumper if I remember, they probably just wanted to speed things up a bit. Then again, after shipping your bumper so much beforehand, they might even have gotten mixed up and thought you'd gotten a bare bumper too, as so many in the early group did.

Just a guess on that last score though.
Some people end up painting the 8274 mounts anyway, since not everyone likes that much silver right up front. And, since zinc is just an inexpensive rust preventitive that's not always perfectly even anyway, black paint is a common fall-back option.
Sorry to put you to the extra trouble though.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good news Tim. You should be getting a call from CWX just about now. Seems you have a rather large package waiting for you at the dock.

Get goin' boy! Well, tell the boss first, that is...

Paul

kntr

Bronco Guru
The appropriate size shackle is with a 7/8" diameter screw-pin and a slightly larger than 1" opening. Same as the shackles available from Warn (large) and some of the other manufacturers.
Don't know if they give them a size rating, but I think the pin is the deciding factor in most.

Paul

Shops around here dont carry crap.

The only size I can find is 3/4 pin with 1 1/2" opening in stainless for $115.

Think that would work since mine is sprayed with bedliner?

tim70

Loc.
SF Bay, CA
Yep. Got a call this morning. I'll try to pick it up tonight. They're open 24/5. Thanks Paul and Cary!

Good news Tim. You should be getting a call from CWX just about now. Seems you have a rather large package waiting for you at the dock.

Get goin' boy! Well, tell the boss first, that is...

Paul