• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has anybody built a driver?

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
I bought a couple more EB's last week and I think I want to build this one to be a driver. Something to load the family in a few poles and head to the lake. I've seen a ton a cool trail rigs but not too many drivers on here. What do you guy's have?

l_458b5071aae8e9d3fe0d7c0de073ae7d.jpg

66 U14 NICK

Loc.
Spencer, WV
I have a bone stock 66 that I built. If I was to build a "daily driver" it would have power front disc and power steering, or your basic 76-77. Some nice seats would also be good.

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
Yeah I suppose you're right there. Plus I guess the wife would like it too. I won't drive this one everyday. It'll be more of a sunny day driver. I have a company truck for everyday driving. ;)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Only a couple more..? Why not 4 more? LOL, Must be nice brother ;)

One in the pic looks pretty damn decent

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
I really went to buy the other one but this one was so nice that I bought it too. This makes a even 1/2 dozen bronco's in the garage. :p

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
Mine is a driver that i rarely ever drive. It has never been offroad im ashamed to say. I have been working on some health issues and when i get done with that im planning on driving it a lot more. Im hoping to get to drive it down to Johnson City Tn (which i have done before) and hang out with Blue71 and mess with some of his EBs. He has a playground down there with several drivers.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I really went to buy the other one but this one was so nice that I bought it too. This makes a even 1/2 dozen bronco's in the garage. :p

I don't blame ya brother if you could afford it. Where did you find them?

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
These were on Craig's list. The guy was out of work and needed $$$ in the worst way. He said that I was the only one that came out after a couple months of listing them. I actually bought the blue one and traded my 4-wheeler for the other.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
These were on Craig's list. The guy was out of work and needed $$$ in the worst way. He said that I was the only one that came out after a couple months of listing them. I actually bought the blue one and traded my 4-wheeler for the other.

That ROCKS man. Those are definitely the best deals, when folks NEED the $$$

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
After several years of severe trail duty, I'm bringing my 76 back to driver status.

I figure on another 3 or so years to finish (time and money, always the holdup)

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
After several years of severe trail duty, I'm bringing my 76 back to driver status.

I figure on another 3 or so years to finish (time and money, always the holdup)

I think that maybe harder to do? I would have a heck of a time turning my yellow bronco back to a driver.
Oh, if you're wondering here's the other one. I really like it, well other than the paint job. The worst part on the whole bronco is the fender you can see.
I may have to end up selling it though. But 1st it'll get new fenders and repainted!

l_f28d12707661b89b301e356346716254.jpg

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
My 66 is strictly a driver. I am putting a new 2.5 lift and suspension kit from Duff's on it though. Just because the old one is shot and if I was doing it, I might as well lift it. I take it off road occasionally, in the pasture for instance, but nothing that might hurt it. I think the 66 is a much more special year and I want to take care of this one. Of course, this philosophy also led to the purchase of a 71 trail slut. ;)

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I saw those on Craig's. I was wondering if the black one just needed a battery to be driven anywhere like the ad said?

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
'66 dd waiting to evolve:
'77 db front end, open, ps, pdb,31spline Aurburn pro posi, BB 9 also from the same donor '77, 3.73 r&p with 235s, OD tranny of some type, have not settled yet,-peer pressure from Az keeps saying something about 777700000RRRR444,306 or 337 small block, 1.6 rrs, 268ish lumpy stick from Comp, afr 185s....torn between sefi and carb, upgrade seats, vintage air, headliner for a change in the top, unlifted, uncut with new bushings, and stock height coils/leaf springs.
My idea of a dd :)

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
If I were to build a DD, I'd have a very mild lift with some 31" or 32" BFG ATs, hard doors/top, AC and Heat, retractable 3 pt seatbelts, fold and tumble rear seat, PB, PS, (keep the drums in back) Power windows/locks, Tuffy center console for storage, Either an Auto with OD, or a ZF Or NV3550, , stick with a reliable 302 or 351, nothing fancy, and that'll prolly about to it. just an all around modern easy driving DD. Keepin it simple (As much as possible :))

jjwtwice

Loc.
IGH, MN
I've been thinking about a lowered daily driver. Full wagon, not half cab. 2WD, IFS, Slightly tubbed rear end, Air ride suspension, 4.6L supercharged drive trane out of as new of a mustang as I can find, power everything, sound deadened to the max, etc.. Like some of the projects we have seen started on this site.

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
I saw those on Craig's. I was wondering if the black one just needed a battery to be driven anywhere like the ad said?

Yeah, he was right. I stuck in a battery and have been driving it around. The 70 actually runs better but needs the brakes bled.

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
I've been thinking about a lowered daily driver. Full wagon, not half cab. 2WD, IFS, Slightly tubbed rear end, Air ride suspension, 4.6L supercharged drive trane out of as new of a mustang as I can find, power everything, sound deadened to the max, etc.. Like some of the projects we have seen started on this site.

I always thought that would be cool to do with a fiberglass tub!

Recko555

I plan on having at least two. One for a driver and one for a trail rig.