• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

has anyone built an expedition style bronco?

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
i think this is a pretty neat setup... sort of fits into expedition!

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

Is that one of the few without a furnace? I thought I saw a blank panel where the factory one is normally?
Dennis

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"new" expedition vehicle

A friend of mine sent me this a while back. Not an eb, but they build on F350's- single or dual rear wheels. Much more reasonable than the Host or Earthroamer deals............. Looks pretty good for a couple or maybe with one child................

http://www.tigermotorhomes.com/overview.htm

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the expedition route and started down that road with my '83.
Joe

Man, that turned out super. Very cool setup Joe :)

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Love that '83. Can that tow an EB comfortably?

It does OK with 6K# back there, but nothing near as well as the Superduty with the 6.0 does! It's currently outfitted with a MAF SEFI 351W, ZF, BW1356 and solid axle swap up front. This is much better than the EFI 4.9/ZF/BW1356 it had in it; however,

I'm looking for some more from it, so it's likely getting a MAF SEFI 460 this winter, with matching ZF, D60 front and Sterling rear axle. And yes, I already have most all the parts for it, including some 315 BFG ATs and the correct 8 lug wheels. All I need is the L&L Big Bronco I-6 to 460 swap mounts and a little more time.......
Joe