• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has Ford lost their mind

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I just received my "Motorcraft" water pump for the explorer serp conversion on my buddies bronco.
First off the part looks cheap then a sticker on it says "FoMoCo China".
Are you kidding me!!!!
Ford has really sold out and I am just disgusted.
No new Bronco for this guy.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sometimes there are are fakes out there, the packaging is slightly different

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I made a return request to Rockauto and told them it has to be a fake. FoMoCo or motorcraft is always stamped/casted into their parts aren't they?
SO mad.
There has to be a Ford distributor/dealer on the board.
They need to respond.

36Fan

Contributor
Motorcraft started producing some of its parts in China 15 years ago. Its nothing new.

Mark1911

water pump

I purchased my water pump from local Ford dealer and when I opened the box I was just as disappointed about the “made in China” decal, UGH!!
My buddy has a 2018 Mustang and every control module proudly states “made in China”. LMAO! What the hell??

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I sent an email to William Ford asking if executive compensation was really worth sacrificing quality?
They just lost a loyal customer.

ZOSO

I sent an email to William Ford asking if executive compensation was really worth sacrificing quality?
They just lost a loyal customer.

Guess you will be making your own shoes and walking everywhere. There isn't a vehicle that is not stuffed with Chinese parts. %)

Izzy_Britton

Not only that, but I have argued in the past, that the US BIG 3 are no longer US. Some parts are made in America but most are not. Dodge is made in Mexico, Ford mostly in US and Canada with foreign parts and GM parts made everywhere, assembled in US.

This is why I mostly like older trucks, made in USA with parts manufactured in usa, assembled but US citizens. Can't say that anymore.

elan

Loc.
s
This is why I purchased a Tundra. More parts made in America than any truck and assembled in Texas. That was as close as I could get to an American made truck.
And yes, Ford has gone off the deep end.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
And you just now noticed this? This is nothing new of the past 15-20 years.

And most any Japanese truck is more American than the American brands these days.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
This is why I purchased a Tundra. More parts made in America than any truck and assembled in Texas. That was as close as I could get to an American made truck.
And yes, Ford has gone off the deep end.

I've been making this same argument to friends for years. Now most of em are driving yota for their dd's. I just bought a 97 4runner for a dd while my old suburban goes in for body and paint.

Jakedog

Do you remember the "heartbeat of America" slogan that chevy had back in the late 80's?
I specifically remember the commercials for the Camaro. The Camaro was being manufactured in Canada at that time. Lol

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yup ALL manufactures use China parts. Don't care what country the car is assembled in. And people that buy Toyotas and think its more American made... your kidding yourself. The company is based in japan. Your money is going back to Japan. You are helping a foreign owned company.

Yes I know Ford and the other domestics use parts from China and Mexico. But it is an American company. The profits mostly stay in America, they also are part of this countries heritage and help build this county for the last 100 years. I would rather see my money keep that afloat than help Toyota over take the world auto industry.

Well that's my two cents. But I do agree I wish more parts were made in USA. And Considering current world events you may see that shift our way again.

Lawndart

Loc.
I asked Summit about a Ford Performance intake, specifically were it was made. They stated Indiana as Holley makes it for Ford. My BS meter goes of, but I ignore it and order. Casted on the bottom was "Made in China". I returned it and noted the country of origin in the Q&A for that part.
I found a nice original intake and spent the time and $$ to have it cleaned, etc. That one was made in US :)

yakelys69

Your money is going back to Japan. You are helping a foreign owned company.

All I know is that my Tacoma and Suburban of similar years have similar millage and more of my money stays in my pocket with the tacoma, suburban has already had 2 transmissions and multiple other repairs vs only maintenance on the tacoma. Lot's of nice people in every country nothing wrong with paying someone for a good job.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Huge multinational corporations don't really have a home country. Money, production, assets, etc. shift country to country as time deem it necessary. There are so many sub corporations it can make your head spin. Now mix in joint ventures, where two competing corporations build a single vehicle. Subaru and Toyota (maybe a touch of scion at the time as well, I don't follow too close) had a fun rear wheel drive small car, BRZ? GM sold rebadged Suzuki and Toyota cars and SUVs, Suzuki sold rebadged Nissan, Mercury Villager was a Ford body with a Nissan powertrain. Huge mix of parts when you get down to it. Even in the 60's GM sold the engine rights to a little aluminum V8 to the Brits.

For decades there is the picture of the Harley parts bag that says "made in Japan" on the bottom. Carburetor I think.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Return it and buy an Edelbrock. Made in the USA.

For how long? Edelbrock is a local company for me and I've always supported em. They're original facility was up the block from my house growing up. They gave out lots of stickers and promo stuff to all the neighborhood kids. Then they moved to torrance and continued to give to charities and local communities. When vic jr died a few years ago the Japanese partners took over 51% of the company and so far all the charity and local stuff has stopped. I'm guessing local production will be next

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I changed the oil n filter in a 2015 Toyota the other day and the drain bolt in the oil pan was a 9/16...figure that? For the most part all late model American made trucks I've changed the oil in lately have been metric.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hopefully one light out of this virus, is we need to make more of our own stuff. Trading is fine, and if we need chop sticks, we know where to get them, but steel, car parts, electronics, and medical stuff, lets make our own.