• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has Ford lost their mind

elan

Loc.
s
"Your money is going back to Japan. You are helping a foreign owned company".

Sooo to put a finer point on this. Everyone that has typed a response to the original post, including the original post, is typing on a keyboard and looking a screen made in China or Taiwan. "your money is going back to those countries". Try and escape it and you'll end up doing without.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
To answer your question.....Ford Mustang 4-door SUV Electric.......

Really all you need to know....My Shelby hangs it's head in shame......

Tim

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Your money is going back to Japan. You are helping a foreign owned company".

Sooo to put a finer point on this. Everyone that has typed a response to the original post, including the original post, is typing on a keyboard and looking a screen made in China or Taiwan. "your money is going back to those countries". Try and escape it and you'll end up doing without.

Made in the USA

https://jackbaruth.com/?p=6222

20170312_200049.jpg

yakelys69

Maybe Ford should put that in the new bronco instead of a touchscreen.. JK lol

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Didn't Ford buy Mazda trucks in the '70's and stamp "Courier" on them? ;D

Just last year Ford signed a deal to make engines with Volkswagon.

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And you just now noticed this? This is nothing new of the past 15-20 years.

And most any Japanese truck is more American than the American brands these days.

Yes I just noticed sir, I always use quality parts and they that last a long time.

Time for a Toyota I guess.

-Being a Hermit isn't a bad life after all.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
We have a local company that makes the machines to make micro chips that get shipped all over the world.

You never know where it starts and ends.

Many years ago we used the term world cars, since parts came all over. As I recall in the 90s Chevrolet and Toyota had a joint venture car. Don't recall the model, we just called it Toylet.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Speaking of the GM plant...

Here it is Cir. '72-ish.
Brannon0611 (Medium).jpg

Just a little to the left and we have... A Bronco sighting!;D
Brannon0134 (Large).jpg

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Toylet sounds about right. haha

We have a local company that makes the machines to make micro chips that get shipped all over the world.

You never know where it starts and ends.

Many years ago we used the term world cars, since parts came all over. As I recall in the 90s Chevrolet and Toyota had a joint venture car. Don't recall the model, we just called it Toylet.

Jakedog

The tablet I'm using has "Made in the USA" on it...I just wrote it with a sharpie.

BigB

Guess you will be making your own shoes and walking everywhere. There isn't a vehicle that is not stuffed with Chinese parts. %)

And typing the original post on a USA made computer/smartphone ;D

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
The entire country has lost its mind.

Allowing China , a communist country that hates us, to manufacture 97% of medical masks and pharmaceuticals, and medicine just to save a few bucks is really really stupid

Saw a story the other day about a place in Texas I think that makes medical masks and they are not gearing up to run 24/7. Owner said all the hospitals were calling begging for masks , just like they did during SARS,

During SARS he bought extra machines hired extra help and as soon as it was over the hospitals all went back to buying masks from China since it was slightly cheaper.
Owner said he lost over a million dollars and wasn’t going to let that happen again.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Is it just an unspoken stereotype that the stuff that comes from China is JUNK?

Japan, Germany, Canada and even Mexico...seems to produce better stuff than China.

I always do my best to look for the made in USA sticker. I teach my 5 year old to look at it. When one of his toys breaks, we look at where it is made and we discuss.

We discuss keeping American workers, who work with their hands, working.

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
I got a set of Motorcraft rotors for my truck China cast into them. they lasted 2 years with Motorcraft pads. I replaced with Centric brand they are still going strong after 4-years. FORD brake rotors are JUNK!

We have fords and chevys at work. The chevys were bought in 2015 the fronts brakes haven't been replaced yet, the rear rotors and pads on the dual wheel trucks still look brand new. the Fords were bought in 2017 and the brakes/rotors on all 4 wheels have been replaced twice already rotors and pads completely destroyed!!! :mad::eek::-X

BigB

Any of you guys ever read or hear about the "Opium Wars"?

It's an eye opener and no wonder that China "Hates" the Western World, if in fact they do..... %)