• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help ..460 big block in a Early Bronco

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
the 203 will 'work'..but tis crap compared to a 205. You need a 205..I'm only about 4 hours away.;D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Get a 205 from Bill and give him the 203. He may need to build a doubler one day.
The 203 is a good find if you ever want to build a doubler (203-205) combo transfer case. you only use the front /gear reduction part. I would find a 205 it is still a bolt up, and will save you some length. Twin stick it before you install it in the truck.

OP
OP
D

Darrellr

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
The 203 looks like it is in great condition so if someone has a 205 to trade that is in equal condition I'm open... I have seen threads that the C6/205 hits the front drive shaft... what needs to be done.. i see some build doublers... what else can be done?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
There are two different length extension housings for the c6. if you have the short shaft c6 and you should with the 203 , you may have some problems with the drive-shaft hitting the pan if you change over to the 205. To run the 205 you may need the longer shaft and longer extension housing.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm sure I have plenty....but I don't want the Ford 203..I use the Dodge 203 doubler setup.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
i think i still have core c6 with the loner adapter up north in ohio. i will check to see if i do. i will be flying back to ohio tomorrow and hauling the last of my tools and parts back to florida. not sure if i have a spare 205 or not. i know i just scrapped one.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I have the long extension housing if you cant find one. Drive over to Bills and go through the crap out back and find what you need.

Bronco_Rider

Loc.
Brentwood, Ca
Go with the short transfer case-transmission adapter. Drive line length is limited to start with Dump the 203. It is weak!

When I set my big block up, I pulled the front springs, dropped the frame on the bump stops, the set the motor in place and as low as possible. I moved the motor towards the pass side to clear the front differential.
Effort payed off, I can run a 4" air cleaner with no scoop for that sleeper effect.

Larry

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Bax..
How do I get in contact with Bill

You can PM him, or just get a boat. Fill it with half naked girls and a cooler of drinks. Then cruise the boat docks around piney point and he will find you.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Right at 160 CI above my taste, but if the long a$$ motor I have can fit, then no reason the 160CI bigger should not.

Have fun with it, take your time, Your gonna have hella traction on the front end with all the weight sitting over it!