• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help! Are my leaf spring mounts in the right place?

OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

Remember that, as the axle articulates, the shackle swings sideways slightly. Probably not more than 3/8" at the bolt if you have poly bushings.

So do yall think I should cut the top of the mount off and cap it with a new plate?

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I think, if you're even considering it, you should TEST it by putting one front wheel on a jackstand, and jacking up the other rear AFTER all the weight is on the chassis. If you want to find out before putting the body on, use sandbags (mostly above the lifted wheels).

OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

I think, if you're even considering it, you should TEST it by putting one front wheel on a jackstand, and jacking up the other rear AFTER all the weight is on the chassis. If you want to find out before putting the body on, use sandbags (mostly above the lifted wheels).

I would really love to do that, but I have no idea where I would get that kind of weight haha.

Also, I really need to start moving along on coating this frame. Which means I need to just go ahead and finish weld and grind everything.

Luckily, I'm using the KBS coating which I'm told can be touched up unlike powder coat. So I should be able to cut it off and redo it if I ABSOLUTELY have to.

Dlish

I have the same JBG frame mounts, have not had a problem with bolts hitting or hanging up.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I'd have confidence in a well known bronco vendor for having them designed correctly. Then even appear to taper in at the top, where the picture online doesn't.

OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

I'd have confidence in a well known bronco vendor for having them designed correctly. Then even appear to taper in at the top, where the picture online doesn't.

I would tend to agree. Just doing my due diligence!

I'm gonna pull a couple more quick measurements and burn it all in!