• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Help evaluating this rig and is this rig really a '75?

Bradsp8

I need you guys' eagle eyes evaluating this rig.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172511640540?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Nice looking rig and the bidding got up to $28k and the reserve was not met and it's been relisted. I really like it in the mid $20's but my guess is he's wanting $30 or more. Looking closer I doubt it's a '75 and I also question the original mileage. What do you guys see I may be missing?

1. Steering wheel not typically what I've seen in 75s but it's manual column shift so I'll go with it.
2. 302 fender emblems not originally on a 75.
3. Bumpers not chrome.
4. Grill white, not agent which is OK by me but I don't see holes where trim would have been attached to the grill as on Sport models.
5. Door panels are not Sport panels.
6. No bright trim around windshield, door windows or hardtop windows.
7. No smog equipment which should be on a 75.
8. Pedal pads look very slightly worn, like it could be original low mileage, but if so, and garage kept, why the repaint and all the changes from Sport options?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Vin is a November 74' built 75' model. Whether the VIN in the glove box matches the frame unknown of course. Shouldn't it say "unleaded gasoline only" on the speedometer of a 75'?

k13evin

Loc.
Chattanooga
Not original and I also question the paint job. No way it was sprayed back in the day. That rollbar matches the shine to good. No off set color at all. All that paint came from the same mix can. That's a fresh paint job

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
As for the paint.....owner claims previous owner did a repaint. Could have been done 1 month or so ago. Doesn't say how long current owner has had it or when previous owner did it. Over spray on tailgate supports looks new, too.

House

Contributor
Minutia Militia
I would for sure check the VINs on this one...
It does not look like a low mileage vehicle to me either.
It also looks like a few Sport items thrown on a non Sport model.
Sport emblems, headlight rings, grille letters, yet no window trim at all? Odd.
Power By Ford valve covers and 302 emblems on a low mileage 75? Odd.
Early steering wheel and dash mounted Emergency Flasher switch on a 75? Odd.
Again, it may very well be a 75. But it surely is not a prime example of an unmolested super low mileage rig!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
It really sends up a flare when sellers advertise Broncos as low mileage Barn finds" when they obviously are not. Add some fresh paint, carpet, overspray etc. on top of that and they are really pushing it.

I expect this Bronco is no different from any other than has been bought, patched up, painted, and flipped.....

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Undercarriage disproves mileage theory. Rear axle and frame are obviously pitted and worn and have recently been painted over. If it was kept in the garage all these years, why would they be in that kind of shape? Gas tank strap appears to be damaged and falling apart. If such low mileage, why was a new exhaust system and why would the power steering need to be updated? If it was an original low mileage rig, all of this stuff would have been left original to increase its value. Odds are all those parts were worn out and needed to be replaced.

k13evin

Loc.
Chattanooga
I wonder what happen to the original taillight bright trim. Those are easy to forget when repaint and putting back before the photo shoot

House

Contributor
Minutia Militia
Doubt it had them, I don't think it is a Sport...

OP
OP
Bradsp8

Bradsp8

As always you guys are sharp and knowledgeable. You're confirming my suspicions and adding a few other things that I did not notice.

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I speak from experience and my advice is don't buy or bid on anything that you yourself cannot see and checkout. And then if you do find something that interests you go over it with a fine toothed comb,if the seller gets offended by your investigation of what he's selling,then there could be some issues with the vehicle he doesn't want you to find. But that's just my opinion. I'll never buy another Bronco without inspecting and driving it myself,I don't care where it is,I've learned my lesson.When I'm ready to buy another ,if I find one that interests me,I will travel by airline to check it out if that's what it takes to see it myself.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Jonathan sure did well in a day's time with that thing - I think he mentioned in a post on FB that it sold already at 45K.

Todd Z.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dang it woulda bin soo cool with a Coyotee motee. Oh whell.

OP
OP
Bradsp8

Bradsp8

I wonder if Icon found the same issues we discussed here? Sure was a quick flip. I still have questions and wonder if Icon didn't get burned and didn't turn and quickly flip this? But I never called the first seller to inquire, or to call him out on his facts, so I don't know it's not all that he represented. With the questions I had or issues it had I would never have thought of it as a $45K EB.

Thanks for finding this info and updated this thread.