• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help need a little info on a Bronco

COSCAG00

Hey guys new member here.

Little background on me. I am from South Tx and currently live in Central, Tx (Bryan). I have been a Bronco nut for about 20 years and bought a 67 as my first Bronco right out of high school. It is running but a wife and family have become first priority so the fever has mellowed a bit. Dont have pictures to post of it but do have a few of another that has come into the stable.

Below are a few pictures of a Bronco that I picked up this weekend and it is sitting 3.5 hrs away so all I have are the pictures right now. I would appreciate any info that you may glean from the pics as to year, and size of motor, and anything else you may see. Did not know of the vin being in the glove box so will get those numbers to really narrow down the age of it. My plan right now is to rebuild this rig from the ground up.

What I know about my "new Bronco". I have no title yet as the owner is looking for it if he can find it. This Bronco has sat in a barn for the last 10 years and has not run, it was a ranch/hunting truck last ran when parked. It has a v8, power steering, was a half cab from the factory. Frame and running gear looks pretty good but body does need some work. The inner fender wells are in great shape but the exterior needs lots of TLC. The floor boards are rusted, rocker panels, and front clip look to all need to be replaced. Also no doors or top, now the search begins for parts.

Oh and the price was $50 bucks!

Here are the pictures:
DSCN0525.jpg

DSCN0524.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0520.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

DSCN0531.jpg

DSCN0529.jpg

photo4.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
cant beat 50 bucs for the price.. check and see if the vin on the glove box matches the one on the frame,, vin on frame on drivers side top of frame straight down from the firewall.. you will need to sand and clean to see it..

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Looks like a great project. I say make sure it has brakes and drive it like it is. You may want to wash the windshield first.;D

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
one thing, before you try to start it I would check the gas tank for rust, the sending units in these tanks rust and the sock filter falls off sucking rust into the carb,, and obviously change out the fuel filter and gas if it has sat that long..

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Judging by the front turn signals, it is a '69 or newer, the engine looks like a 289 or 302. I like the dual rear seat option you got there ;D

Good luck on your project!

Last edited:

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
To me it looks as if its a 66', 67' or 68', I'm leaning more to 67'. Drums in the front, dual capped tanks, no side markers or holes, dash original buttons are minimal, tail lights have the reverse lens in them.

My guess the motor is a 289, but take the air filter off and look down on top of it either in front of the carb or behind it and you should see a stamped 289 or 302. But you wont know for sure till you get the numbers off the block at the bottom.

Excellent purchase.....keep us posted on your build

Last edited:

JSBX

Contributor
Looks like it is just getting broke in.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
It is a late 69 or newer with ele. wipers. If it has a dana 44 front it could be a 71 1/2.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
The original owner can file for a lost title in TX. I would defiantley keep on him to knock it out. even get on line and print out all the paperwork, have him sign it, and pay the fee yourself. It is a real pain and kinda expensive to go the bonded title route. Strike while the iron is hot.

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Looks like 67 dash knobs to me, Some of the parts on it look 67, no side markers or reflectors. I'd say its a mutt;D Probably a 67 with some later items added. 67 had a one year only dash knob in them, and those look like the 67's to me. Also the linkage on the intake is Early style, The Vin tag on a 66-67 will be on the drivers side kick panel, if its in the glove box its 68 or later as far as the vin

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Dash knobs are wrong for '67. As others have mentioned, turn signals are the later exterior style that started in '69.

Congrats on the purchase. $50 is a smokin' deal.

hmmm thats what my 67' has and it is original..... = /

.....see also post #14 by the TheBroncoRanch

sgtdcoulter

Loc.
Peachtree City Ga.
Early 70's, I agree just getting broke in and down in So West Ga we used to take our girl friends out in worse loking rigs than this. Besides you have 4 good tires that almst hold air, better than I can say at this point. Great deal for $50.00 See ya!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'm guessing late 69 to early 71. Electric wipers with Dana 30. Good buy for $50! ;D