• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HELP!! Wiring. EB Auto column into a 3 speed Bronco.

Mjadams86

Loc.
Nor Cal
Hello everyone. I have been frequenting this site for as long as I can remember but this is my first post. So I need some help.

I recently bought a auto column for my bronco because I switched to a c4 tranny and I hate my floor shifter. My issues are mostly the wiring. I found a few diagrams online but i ran into an issue or 2.

The auto column has 9 wires and the old one only has 8.
The old column has 2 wires that go to the horn and the auto only has 1 so how do i hook up the horn?
the shaft is about 2 inches shorter so what do i do? Lengthen the lower steering shaft?

Has anyone done this before?

I have a diagram of the wires cross referanced but i cant attach my pic for some reason. I'm not sure on what wires can be plugged in to the existing harness.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The rig it's going into is a 1970. the new column is out of a 74 or 77 (I believe).

Here is a diagram that will work. You'll need to add a horn relay as mentioned in the links above.

Attachments

• 74-69 column.JPG
    74-69 column.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
M

Mjadams86

Loc.
Nor Cal
Thanks, I saw that on one of your links. For some reason though I have the newer style, 8 prong plug. Its also a TBP one with different colors. So I'm making a map for myself now. do you know if you can buy the wire ends that plug into the factory plastic plug? using those on the new column with the old plastic plug end would leave a cleaner look under the dash. (I have done enough hack work since I have owned the bronco since I was 16, lol).

OP
OP
M

Mjadams86

Loc.
Nor Cal
Will the old flasher button (dash) and the new signal switch work if i dont plug the hazzard button(on the column) into the dash hazzard light switch?