• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help!

Ann-G

Hey everyone out there! Posting in a Forum is new for me, so hang in there. I am on a mission to find my hubby's (of 13+ years) Bronco. We had a "handle" on it back in 2001 and we let it slip away because of logistics and $$. There was quite a bit of history behind that Bronco as I am sure all of you can relate to. His father bought it when he was born(in Co.), my husband and his brothers learned how to drive in it etc., and it was later given to he and I when we got married (in Az.). Circumstances took us to Virginia Beach, Va where we had to sell it. (Broke down, no money, and a new baby meant we needed something that ran.) In 2001 we heard from the guy we sold it to who had it in Honolulu where he was stationed. However he was soon returning to to the Southern US by way of Florida. That is the last information I have on it.
Because of the year I can not seem to be able to do a VIN search on it. (I do have the VIN#) Does any one out there know how I might be able to track it down??? If any one has any useful advice please drop me an e-mail

aandabeatty@rainierconnect.com

OP
OP
A

Ann-G

:) Thanks, that wasn't quite what I was looking for but I appreciate the help. That site seemed to give only info on vehicle production info and specs based on VIN #. I know what "she" came with...I just don't know were "she" is. Using a vehicle history search (The kind of VIN search you use when buying a used vehicle.) usually gives you prior and current owners, unfortunately I can't seem to find a search that goes back to '73. Anyone else have any ideas??? ?:?

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
if you pay for a vin history from them ( the 200 $ variety) you will get all the owners, I don't know how it could get you closer to what you want

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Do you have a friend that's a cop, or works for the DMV? I'd think that they'd be able to run a VIN and find the owner.

Here in Texas, you used to be able to go to the DMV with a license plate # to find out who owned a car (for a fee of course) You may be able to do that at your DMV also. It's worth looking into.

Good luck finding it.

OP
OP
A

Ann-G

:-[ Ooops, must have missed the part on that site about previous owners....thought I read it all. I'll check again.

Thanks Gummi, that might be an easier option...I'll look into it. :)

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Ann-G, I think if you could make some friends with local law enforcement, they would be able to run the vin number for you and come up with some information that you are interested in. Some municipalities will do that, others will not.

Good Luck!!!!

John

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Hey Ann-g,

I live in Va, and DMV is not going to be any help to you directly, If you can find what state the vehicle might be in you can try that DMV in that state. I would start with Hawaii You can also try http://www.carfax.com/ to see if it is still on the road.

however if you have a friend that works with loans you can see if they can find it through a vehicle verfication of ownership through the DMV by doing a lien information search possibly or a Insurance Verification Program through someone that is an auto insurance agent. I think someone that sells cars can get the information if it was a trade in, verification. But the best route is some one that is in law enforcement even the navy police can get it if your husband is in the navy.

you can try this way also at DMV:

Vehicle Services: Abandoned Motor Vehicles

An abandoned vehicle (46.2-1200) is any motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer or parts of a motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer that:

is inoperable and is left unattended on public property, other than an interstate highway or primary highway, for more than 48 hours, or
has remained illegally on public property for more than 48 hours, or
has remained more than 48 hours on private property without the consent of the property owner, regardless of whether it was brought onto the private property with the consent of the owner or person in control of the private property, or
is inoperable, left unattended, or both, on the interstate highway or on the shoulder of a primary highway.
If a vehicle is abandoned on private property (46.2-1208), the property owner can request ownership information from DMV by completing the form CRD93 and paying a $8.00 fee. Upon receipt of the ownership information, the property owner is responsible for notifying all persons having interest in the vehicle (i.e., lienholder, owner), of the vehicle's status by registered or certified mail, (return receipt requested) and advising them to reclaim and remove their vehicle within thirty days. If this does not occur, the property owner may apply for a certificate of title in his name.

If registered in Virginia, a copy of the CRD93 or DMV transcript of the vehicle record showing the last registered owner and lien holder; or If not registered in Virginia, a certification from the state where the vehicle is titled showing the name and address of the owner(s)/lienholder(s). DMV will not issue a title unless this certification is submitted.

Good luck let me know if you find a way Im looking for one also I use to own.

Buckin73

Loc.
Morrisville
I'm an LEO and can run a vin or plate if you seem to find one. You should go back to your old insurance company who covered your bronco and they will have the vin on file. Just PM me if you find it.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
before you reach through your monitor and slap me for my attempts and figuring out what an LEO is , could you tell me , I went to Public school. :'(

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
feitctaj said:
before you reach through your monitor and slap me for my attempts and figuring out what an LEO is , could you tell me , I went to Public school. :'(

"Law Enforcment Officer" I believe

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
L E O

Boy I'm Sure Glad You Ask That Stupid Question !!!!
Or I'd Had To !!!
We Still Say Cop Out Here In The Country .....pa Pitt