• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hi folks. another one from iceland here, brand new pics 5,jan on page 5

OP
OP
bremsa

bremsa

i forgot to tell you guys, I have on the garage floor 351w that needs a little love ... and I have a lot of love on the way from USA. 427 stroker kit , aluminum heads, turbo headers and 2x t4 turbos and deamon blowthrough carb ;) for my Comet in the summer and the bronco next winter ;) have a 72 comet that I am getting ready for sand drag next summer c6 tranny and a 9" full floater rear end ;)

Fishbone

Loc.
Northern, Illinois
Nice Cobra
3gears.gif

Olafur Hallgrim

Loc.
ICELAND
big bronco

I remember this Bronco back in the 80´. It was blue and owned by two brothers who rented the basement in my grandfathers house in Akureyri, capital of northern Iceland.

OP
OP
bremsa

bremsa

are you talking about "The bronco brothers" ? This one was owned by a guy named Ólafur, (óli í toyota) for many years. The same guy that worked for Einar Gunnlaugsson in Norðdekk,and was in the Norðdekk service crew in formula offroad. The bronco brothers wich I think you are talking about owned another bronco very similar to this one same color combo but a darker blue color :)

Olafur Hallgrim

Loc.
ICELAND
Maybe

I didn´t think we had enough of crazy guys to build a 74 bronco with 460 and unimog axles.
These brothers came from Husavik.

OP
OP
bremsa

bremsa

ah u are talking about that car, I miss understood :) lol there are lots of crazy guys here in iceland.. specially in husavík, my father built that car in 1989 then dark blue with black and light blue stripes, The only one in iceland with 460 and unimog here in iceland. He aslo built anotherone with 429 and unimog (all fiberglass body) but that is a diffrent story. He sold the 460 bronco to my uncle, then my uncle sold it out of town, then in 1997 if I remeber correctly my father bought the car again, switched to c6 from Np435, and later he switched from unimog to dana 60 and air susp, also new heads (429 SCJ) heads and N2o and some more goodies :)

Olafur Hallgrim

Loc.
ICELAND
Einmitt

Ég var auðvitað að tala um þann bíl enda Bronco II algjört aukaatriði. ;D .
Núna bý ég á Ísafirði og nágranni minn, Einar Már, kannast við nokkra Húsavíkurmenn.

OP
OP
bremsa

bremsa

segðu! eg er sonur hans kalla geirs, ef hann þekkir inn á bronco hér þá þekkir hann gamla :)

OP
OP
bremsa

bremsa

Got the spairpart car I have all parted out.. now sitting on my garage floor in his own ...dust?rust? :)

So Hope to get the hydraulic clutch system installed tonight :cool:

Potshot

Online translation tools are NOT helping me get through that Icelandic conversation %) ;D

OP
OP
bremsa

bremsa

ahh don't worry I think it's pretty cool. Y'all cumz on over yander an sees hows these foks talk youns hadnt saw nuffin yet;D

lol.. had to read this a fiew times before I understood it :p... not yet completely sure what u said lol :p

Potshot

sorry just a dumb icelander here.. what do u mean by portal axles?

If you speak two languages, you're bilingual.
If you speak three languages, you're trilingual.
If you speak only one language, you're probably North American.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_axle

There was a guy out here in Minnesota that was running portals on his EB. He had sold them by the time I met him, but I bet it was a beast on the trail.

OP
OP
bremsa

bremsa

ah... Niðurfærslur :p hihi.. yeah that car had portal axles... the diff it self was 3.50:1 but with the portal thing it was 8.61:1 to the wheel :)

OP
OP
bremsa

bremsa

Forma_ur.jpg
this is my dad.. as u can see the unimog axles make the car a little bit higher than the stock bronco LOL
KalliG1.JPG

St_rfer_55.JPG
this plate went on my GT S/C stang :) have it on my livingroom wall
here you can see it with a full size ram in the center of the pic ;)

full size 74 bronco... 460, c6, nos ,unimog and more
wwwf4x4is.jpg

this pic is since my dad built this the first time that was the year 1989 here it is on unimog axles, with 460 and NP435
Tveir_gir.jpg

this red one is just like the blue one when he went in the garage.. from stock to that... lol.. the funny thing is the car was driven in the garage like a normal car.. but my dad had to take the garage door off the garage and break the garage wall to get the car out.. it didnt fit through the garage even if he took the garage door off... (but of course he knew that before building the car) lol :)

Last edited:

Olafur Hallgrim

Loc.
ICELAND
Hjámiðjur

ég held að þetta sé kallað hjámiðjur.

N-America is a big continent but Iceland is an island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean and a part of europe. To adapt to the universe we have to be able to comunicate in english. We also learn danish and some prefer to study at least one more language, for exc. german, spanish or french.
I have had the privilege to stay in N-A. I have spent some time in New Hampshire and also New Brunswick, Canada.

Maybe me and my friend, Bremsa, will come over for a Bronco event in the year 2008;D