• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hot Deal on Hydroboost Angle Bracket

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Found this while researching the eBay angle bracket. This is the exact same unit.....$60 cheaper (free shipping). Made my MBM brakes.

http://www.classicrods.com/mbm-ford-bronco-booster-bracket/

I just ordered mine today:)

EDIT: I have since learned that the more expensive unit on eBay does not require any modification to the Astro Van's pushrod (threading etc.). So while they are very similar, there is that one difference. It still worked fine for me.

Last edited:

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Had I seen this I may have gone this route instead of what I'm doing now. If that bracket comes with the all the pivot/mounting parts then it's a great deal and I suspect they will sell a lot of them. I wonder what HB mounts to the end of it. Looks like the 80's model HB would bolt right up to it. Mounting flange that is.

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Yep.....it comes with everything. I'm using a '95 Astro Van booster but I'm sure others would work.

Last edited:

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Was it a direct bolt up with the Astro HB? MC rod mount direct and it bolted right to the four bracket mounting holes?

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I don't have it yet, but this is the same bracket setup as sold by another vendor on eBay which bolts directly to the OEM firewall and brake pedal.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Interesting. I don't see anything in the ad listing that mentions anything about it being for a hydroboost unit.

Todd Z.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
The GM booster will bolt up to it, but you're going to have to modify the bell crank to work with the booster. You'll find that the Booster rod will be too long. I'd guess that's the same vac booster bracket as Duff's, TBP, and BCB. Let us know how it goes.

Mark

u10072

Bronco Guru
All I know is the angled bracket on eBay that is specifically for the Astro HB is $140 shipped. This other is at least $100 shipped -- so very best case you are saving $40 but probably in the $30-$35 range--- that little extra cash is well worth it on not having to engineer anything.

OldBarnBronco

ren71

I paid $70.00 + 23.99 shipping for a new one from ebay from this seller
http://www.piratejack.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=350&category_id=22&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=6

http://stores.ebay.com/Pirate-Jack-Hotrod-and-Restoration/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=53110074&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=2

The weird thing is, a couple months later he refunded me the 23.99 shipping back to my paypal account. He sends emails out with 15% discounts or free shipping etc. all the time. He's currently selling them for $90 on his website $1 cheaper than the original post! and shipping is only $12.24 for UPS Ground

Ford_Bronco_Boos_4d2f1aa76d09b.jpg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
unreal, talking from experience. Anything with tire under it, do it!