• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hot Deal on Hydroboost Angle Bracket

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I would have spent the extra $50 for the one on ebay. Messing with the bell crank is not worth the savings to me. I've done a few of these and there's always an issue along the way. Simplicity is worth every penny to me. That's just my experience. Not trying to discourage you. When you get it all done, you'll love it, and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Mark

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
It's the same one man. The Astro shaft always needs to be modified.

X2 on what Garberz said - the Ebay bracket he references does not require any mods to the Astro shaft.

Todd Z.

u10072

Bronco Guru
X3 - Its just not worth the hassle for $40 if one is a no hassle unit. The reason you dont want to have to modify the astro shaft is if you have to replace it -- if you do have to replace one-- having to go and modify one versus just putting ti in and bolting it up is well worth the extra $40

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
X3 - Its just not worth the hassle for $40 if one is a no hassle unit. The reason you dont want to have to modify the astro shaft is if you have to replace it -- if you do have to replace one-- having to go and modify one versus just putting ti in and bolting it up is well worth the extra $40

You are correct. I was unaware that unit did not require the shaft be cut and threaded. That being said....10 seconds with an angle grinder and a few minutes threading is easily worth $50 to me. Personal preference of course.

I mocked it up today and after some cutting to get around my tall valve covers everything fits perfectly.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361667227.742531.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361667227.742531.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 162

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Looking good - any easy place to find a clevis? I'm not afraid to cut and thread either - $50 is a bit of money when you are putting together a complete Bronco on a budget...

Bawhahaha - budget? Bronco? ;D

I have to get my shit looked at......

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
So I ordered this thing and well, the HydroBoost unit isn't even CLOSE to bolting up to it-Bolt pattern is completely different. The bracket fits everything else but my HydrBoost is WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY off. I have the HydroBoost setup from a Lincoln Town Car.

Any Idea which HydroBoost unit would fit it?

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Where did you cut the rod before threading? How much was left sticking out?

Thanks

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I left as much rod as possible....cut it right past the ring connector.

It's the OEM Astro Van MC.

Last edited: