• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hot Deal on Hydroboost Angle Bracket

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't know if it is the same thing. That's what I was asking.
As you say, it's for the vacuum booster, but when I checked out the link in the first part of this thread all I got was what looked to be the same vacuum booster bracket too. Not sure if it's even compatible without some mods, and I never got to check out the one on ebay that you guys were referring to either.
I take it that's the one that's 60 more?

I don't know if we've even ever tried it with a hydroboost, and Jim's out of town to check with at the moment, but I'll ask him when I see him next if it's ever been considered.

Paul

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Sorry if this is obvious and I just missed it, but where is the $60 difference coming from? We sell the same thing(?) for $99. Granted, that's still $8 more, but what is different about it, or the one that's 60 bucks more?

Sorry to jump in with a non-installation question, but I always like to keep up on current affairs and was curious. Since I didn't see where they claimed it was specifically for a hydroboost unit, I figured I'd ask.

Thanks

Paul

That's the same one. The one on eBay that's $50 more is setup so you don't have to cut the AstroVan rod end....it connects right up.

I didn't know you carried it......doesn't look like its in your catalog.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm, looks like you're right. Maybe it's not "exciting" enough, there wasn't enough room, or it just got overlooked. Either way, I'll make a note of it and post it on Jim's catalog-to-do board for next year.

I knew it was on the website because I've come across it in my searches, but don't remember if I've ever sold one separately or not.
It's in our #3046 kit (actually, it could be a different part that fits only the OE booster) and shows in the pic in the catalog. Maybe just a quick part number addition to the list of related parts would be all we need to do.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited:

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I would have totally bought one and been thinking of order another (like I am now) if I had seen that while paging through your catalog on a "lunch break" ;)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good to know Kyle. Thanks for mentioning it.
Sorry we didn't make it easier for you to not only find, but order stuff during your "lunch break" too!
Let us know though, if you ever need another one.

And as a general rule, keep in mind that if you don't see something in our book or on our website, but believe it to be a part in one of our kits, definitely call and ask. It can't hurt and all we can say is no.
In spite of having some things that are never sold separately, many of the parts that are in kits can be separated out with little hassle.
I won't say we exactly do it "all of the time" but it happens often enough to mention.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've been thinking, and now I'm wondering if we have two separate brackets. One for our kit and one as a factory replacement.
It's something I'm going to look into as soon as I can and verify that the bolt patterns and angles are the same. Since the booster in our kit is NOT an OE replacement booster, there could be variations in mounting as well.

When I find out for sure I'll post up the info for clarification. Just in case it might help.

Paul

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Thanks - I'm building a road driver and want to go hydroboost with my Explorer serp, 2" body lift and 351W. I'll be needing your bracket at least - I've got the hydroboost already...