• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Ben has offered these parts at a discounted price : 9" BB, Hood, Power Steering Setup if it is not sold. That is a great! I am so thankful! ;D

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
Wow, just read the entire thread...Sorry it took me so long to see it. Melissa, you really started something awesome...I get the feeling this is going to get national media coverage when it's D-Day...Somebody send me the URL for the secret site, I have boxes full of odds and ends and I'd like to see the needs list, I want to see if I can double the Canadian contribution... ;D

Jeff

74bob

Loc.
Broomfield,CO
God bless you and your family Melissa

Melissa this is so cool to do this for the hubby.

I posted on the other site that I have a stock PS box. I took it off my 74 and replaced with the 3:1 ratio. The input seal leaks (since I put the Saginaw pump on) but I also have the rebuild kit for it (seals etc). If it's needed I can send it to John. I also might be able to find the stock pitman arm since I replaced with the dropped arm. Let me know.

I have a neighbor whose son is in the Marine Reserves and in training to leave for Iraq in January. Everytime I saw him before he left I thanked him for his service so I thank you for your support of your husband and thank him for his service.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Working on getting a more detailed list together of exactly what is needed for the build. This is really exciting! I can't believe all that has happened in less than a month! ;D

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
CPT_D_1969 said:
Hey Steve,
If I get that 9"BB from Ben, do you think we could find a way to get it to Danny? ;)

Sounds like things worked out pretty good with Ben.
I will try to contact Shawn tonight.
I am so glad this is all working out so well, has it really only been a month?

;D

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
ChrisinWV said:
Sounds like things worked out pretty good with Ben.
I will try to contact Shawn tonight.
I am so glad this is all working out so well, has it really only been a month?

;D

Yes, I spoke on the phone with him today. He seem s really nice. He is coming to Arkansas this weekend so that is cool. :cool:
I know 1 month yesterday! Hard to believe huh? I am astonished!! :eek:

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
:eek: Thought you guys might like to know this! ;D

"Your current thread is already the 3rd most viewed thread in forum history."
(received in email from Jon Hanna today!)

:cool: Pretty cool huh?!

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
CPT_D_1969 said:
:eek: Thought you guys might like to know this! ;D

"Your current thread is already the 3rd most viewed thread in forum history."
(received in email from Jon Hanna today!)

:cool: Pretty cool huh?!

Way cool but now I'm wondering, what were the other two %)

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
astark said:
Way cool but now I'm wondering, what were the other two %)

I have no idea. Had me wondering also! This may top them at the rate it is going. :eek: It truely is amazing how many people are coming together. ;D

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
Bluefyre--James Duff Himself Installed my new bumpers!!--24 July 05!! by Hotwheels is #1 with 24,447
Pics of my progress--With Cowl work! by Monkeybiz is #2 with 23,690
This thread has 14,284 the numbers are much closer for the # of replys
Big month in voting #1 w/992 then Bluefyre w/544 Monkeybiz W/416 and this thread w/412
Marty

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Melissa, you have a PM about the parts shipping info.
Bob Webster has offered to gather the parts donated and deliver them to the build site or the site in Conway either one.......SO those that want to donate but are worried about shipping costs speak up now
I think this post will eventually pass Monky biz and even Hot WHeels , which I didn't think was remotely possible!!! :eek:
He he
Chris in WV

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
ChrisinWV said:
Bob Webster has offered to gather the parts donated and deliver them to the build site or the site in Conway either one.......SO those that want to donate but are worried about shipping costs speak up now
I think this post will eventually pass Monky biz and even Hot WHeels , which I didn't think was remotely possible!!! :eek:
He he
Chris in WV
If there is anyone with a little room passing within 100 miles or so of Dallas, let me know...Thanks scott@coachbarnes.com

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
ChrisinWV said:

Chris in WV

;D Thank you Chris for getting that info for me. I will call him this afternoon and see if he would mind me posting his info on the OBB website.