• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
As you can see in the last pic our OBB has spent most of it's life as a half cab.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Hell, I nearly fainted getting the bumpers off. I don't know who invented the sawsall, but I love em.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Wow :eek:

I almost fainted ;D

You are indeed getting after it brother yellowrouge :cool:

msweb

Bronco Guru
yellowrouge said:
Hell, I nearly fainted getting the bumpers off. I don't know who invented the sawsall, but I love em.

Looks to me like you've done a bit more than fight with the bumpers. That's a lot of work there, it looks like it's coming right along.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Oh yeah - you're gonna do mine next, right??? Heck, I'll even take the bumpers off for you! ;D

YellowBronc

Bronco God
WOW :eek: Get after it!!

It really doesn't look all that bad from what I was expecting. Will you be able to get most of the body work done before bringing it to OCBR for the wrenching portion?

Looking good.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Yeah that should not be a problem. Actually I'm pacing myself to have the body work done but no paint. Going to need someone to volunteer to trailer it. My trailer has 2 bad tires and no brakes. Luckily it's only about an 1.5 hour drive.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Oh My Goodness! Haven't you been busy?! Wow! :eek: That does look a little scary! A half cab huh? I never would have suspected that. I almost fainted at the pics and then that news about did me in. Thank you so much for all your hard work John. I can't thank you enough. ;D Seriously, I don't know what else to say. I really appreciate everything you are doing. ;D

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
That should be Ben Franklin,
He has been on the mailing list for years.
Pretty sure I just saw the post about the PS setup on the ECBR list
Ben is a good guy from what I have seen.
I am not close to him but I have not heard a bad word about his parts.
FWIW of course.
John is really putting some HARD work in this project.
I don't think anything I could post could quantify the respect I have for his efforts.
A whole lot of folks wouldn't put that much work in their OWN rigs.
Thanks John!
Chris

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
I wonder if he might cut us a deal since we need the power steering set up and the 9" big bearing. Anyone know him personally to work some magic? ;D I am debating whether it would be cheaper to ship it or go get it with these gas prices. ;) I need to get as much as I can to John so he will have it when he is ready for it. At the rate he is working, this thing will be finished in no time. :eek:

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Well I don't really know Ben personally , but from the mailing lists. I did send him an email alerting him to this thread/project and the other site as well and asked him about a discount since you were looking for both parts.
I also posted on the other site that there was an offer on ECBR to gather all the parts and deliver them, I am 99% sure that was Shawn Webster's Dad.
He has a trailer and hauls vehicles behind his pickup and I am pretty sure he offered to go around and pick all the parts up and deliver them to the bronco......
I can verify this and get you contact details if you like.
Could save a bundle on shipping some of these larger parts

Oh and I sent another one over to the site this morning!!!
Let me know if I can do ANYThing else to help.
Chris

Familyman

This is great. Love seeing the support of others on the board. Please send me the link to make a contribution and find out if anything is needed, several of us at Palo Alto Fire want to say thanks to Melissa and her husband for their sacrifice to our country. My bro-in-law is in Kosovo replacing the guys who moved up to Iraq and we know how hard it can be on the families.
God Bless you both and can't wait to see you both cruising down the trail. ;) ;D

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Familyman said:
This is great. Love seeing the support of others on the board. Please send me the link to make a contribution and find out if anything is needed, several of us at Palo Alto Fire want to say thanks to Melissa and her husband for their sacrifice to our country. My bro-in-law is in Kosovo replacing the guys who moved up to Iraq and we know how hard it can be on the families.
God Bless you both and can't wait to see you both cruising down the trail. ;) ;D

Thank you very much for your support. It makes a huge difference for our troops to know that we are all praying for them. It is nice when family sacrifices are noticed as well. This is an inspiring story. It is amazing to watch it unfold. :D

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
ChrisinWV said:
I can verify this and get you contact details if you like.
Could save a bundle on shipping some of these larger parts

Chris

That would be great. Maybe Cory could post it in a prominent location on the OBB site as well for others to contact him. I hope we can get all the needed parts together and to John so he can hve them ready and waiting to go on. ;D