• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
continued.......

Attachments

• frontend.jpg
    frontend.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 66
  • pspost2.jpg
    pspost2.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 96
  • dspost.jpg
    dspost.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 123
  • dspost2.jpg
    dspost2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 103
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 103
  • grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 82
  • rear2.jpg
    rear2.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 67
  • rear1.jpg
    rear1.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 87
  • rearshcok.jpg
    rearshcok.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 99
  • frtshock.jpg
    frtshock.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 112
  • trackbar.jpg
    trackbar.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 139
  • pspost.jpg
    pspost.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 93

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
continued.....

Attachments

• engine3.jpg
    engine3.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 110
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 58
  • engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 64
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 98
  • psfrontend.jpg
    psfrontend.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 92
  • dsfrontend.jpg
    dsfrontend.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 106
  • front44.jpg
    front44.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 70
  • psrearleaf.jpg
    psrearleaf.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 96
  • engine4.jpg
    engine4.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 124
  • engine5.jpg
    engine5.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 85
  • enginebay.jpg
    enginebay.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 74

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
Hey if you guys want you can email me what you have and how you can get it to where she is. I will post what we have and who it is from. My email is saryan25@cox.net . I will be at OCBR so I hope to see you guys there.

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
I think we really need someone to go look at this and see what all she NEEDS. I want to make sure that she can drive this safely. Do we have anyone close enough that could do that?

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
astark said:
Now that is one heck of a compliment to all of us. I live in Batesville Arkansas and will see you in Hot Springs. It just so happens I have some 31x10.5-15 Mud King tires on stock wheels with nice hub caps that would look good on this project. Tires have about forty percent tread left or better, are balanced and ready to mount if you are intrested. My son and I can bring them down to the OCBR and put them on for you, no charge, with respect and appreciation for what your husband is doing for us all :cool:
Awesome. That is huge!

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
I just emailed Melissa for directions to her house. I'll take a look at it this week, and let everyone know what I find. I'll also get a handle on what direction she needs to go with the build. Sounds like dependable driver able to take some mild trails.

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
Alright this is what we have.
1)DonsBolt
Front seats
Fender flares front and rear (new front, used but good rear)
F250 shock mounts
KbarS front springs (3.5 inch lift) (used)

2)Saryan
Stock PS pump
Diamond tread rocker panel protectors
Fender Flares (used)
Bumpers front and rear (used)
KbarS Shocks and springs (3.5 inch lift) (used)
Fiberglass hood W/hinges (used)

3)Mag409
Front grill (used)
OEM chrome bumper (new)

4)Frigr8
2 bumpers (fair)

5)Astark
4 31x10.5-15 Mud Kings on stock wheels

Alright if I missed anything or if you need to add somthing then email me or just post it. Also if you have a better peice of somthing that is already listed (I.E. new shocks instead of used ones) then let us know. saryan25@cox.net

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
gift certificate

Orange Crush said:
What a great thread! I hope I can find some way to help out. I really don't have many parts lying around, and I live too far away to lend my time. Maybe people in my situation that want to participate in this can help fund some of the replacement parts needed, perhaps by pitching in on a gift certificate to one of our great vendors. I would bet there are several vendors that would send a nice discount her way as a contribution of their own.

I don't know, maybe that's a good idea and maybe it's not. I sure hope there is someway for me to contribute. Anybody got any other ideas?

Melissa,

This is such a thoughtful thing that you are doing, and for such a deserving person. There is no doubt in my mind that you will find all of the help you need right here on this site. I think the idea of you going to OCBR is a great one. You will undoubtedly find many willing wrenches among the folks there I'm sure. Best of luck to you...

I would like to contribute some money to this as I do not have any parts to give. I agree with Orange Crush...we need to get a Gift Cert setup so we can get this EB fixed up!

Cory

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
cdkaminsky said:
I would like to contribute some money to this as I do not have any parts to give. I agree with Orange Crush...we need to get a Gift Cert setup so we can get this EB fixed up!

Cory
That would be great too. I wonder if we could talk to a vendor and get a account set up where we could send money and she could access it that way? Melissa, maybe you should call Chuck at BC's or WH,Toms or someone and ask about this. Or if Chuck is watching then maybe he can chime in and tell us if this is possible. Maybe if she had paypal it would be easier? I dont know just throwing some idea's out there.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
I can't tell you how much this all means to me. Is there something I can bring to the Roundup in Hot Springs,AR with me as a "thank you" to everyone? About how many people come to it? I would like to show my appreciation to everyone there for all the help and support in this adventure.

Thank you all so much,
Can't wait until September to meet everyone!
Melissa

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
Okay after talking to Mellisa this is what NEEDS to be done.
1.)Brakes, Disk brake conversion.
2.) Powersteering conversion. Saginaw is in need. I dont know what all is needed on the 69 model. Does the PS box need replaced? My 77 already had PS but I upgraded it to saginaw.

We have until January to get this DONE. I will help and do what I can. If I need to take a road trip I will. Thanks guys this is not somthing we get to do every day.

msweb

Bronco Guru
I'll throw in a set of ABS door panels if needed and will see what else I have around here. Be sure to post a "Needed" list so we can fill it!

This is awesome - Let's do it! :cool:

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
We need:
1.)Disk brakes for the front.

2.) Power steering.

3.) Passenger side stock mirror.
I know that this are pretty big things and those of you that have done these conversions on this year before let us know what she may need. Thanks again.
Oh yeah this is now called "Operation Bahgdad Bronco" :cool: :cool:

Last edited:

msweb

Bronco Guru
saryan said:
Oh yeah this is now called "Operation Bahgdad Bronco" :cool: :cool:

I like it! ;D

Anyone else notice that it already has one of the three colors in desert camo??? Tell us Melissa, what color(s) did ya want it painted?? %)

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i tell you what we do need is a camera crew for when this soldier gets home. he's going to be in tears when he sees it!

a big welcome home BBQ with lots of broncos on the lawn and his taking center stage!

i almost want to fly out to OK to help out, but i just don't have the money...

is anybody from so cal going out to OK? if so i can give some parts of some type to take out.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Wow! Operation Bahgdad Bronco! That sounds so cool! We talked about colors while he was home. He liked the Ford Medium Metallic Wedgewood Blue. I believe when he returns he will be astonished by all the people who are willing to help out. This is so amazing! I never dreamed this would all take place. I just can't believe it!
Thank you all so much for everything you are doing! This will be so awesome!
Melissa

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I emailed Jim Cole late last night.....
I thought we could get an account set up so we could buy a great set of those new Cage shocks to give Operation Baghdad Bronco a sweet new ride...
I hope we get a response from Jim this week....
I for one will be glad to donate $ towards parts since I have very little in the way of extra parts....
I will be digging through the pile though to see if I have anything that will help.
I just think this shows the integrity of this community. I am glad to be one of the many that wishes to express their thanks to those families making the sacrafices needed to keep us all happy and free in our little Bronco paradise.
We would all have a lot less time for this if we kept ourselves busy trying to stay alive.

Melissa, Does your Husband have access where he is stationed now? Wouldn't want him logging in and spoiling the surprise.......

Thanks!
Chris and Vicki in WV

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
This is an AWESOME project. I think I may have a Edelbrock Performer and 4 barrel Holly laying around for a 302. Let me check when I get home and see if i still have it and I will post back. I may also contribute to the mass funds where ever that is setup.

Melissa thank you so much for the sacrifices that you and your family do to keep us safe. I know that your hubby is the one over there but you are also suffering by not having your man by your side. He is doing a great thing for all of us so with your help it is an honor to help do something like this for him!

Kris