• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
Does she need a new engine? If that is a 289 in it now I have a new 302 I'll swap for it, but don't have any way to get it down there.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
I think the new thread is a great idea. Hopefully keep it from being seen. You guys are the greatest! Thank you so much for everything. I can't wait to meet everyone at the Roundup.
Melissa

YellowBronc

Bronco God
All I can say about this whole thread is WOW :eek: . First, thank you Melissa and your hubby for what you do. You make us all proud!

Now then, from the initial part of the thread I was thinking to myself to give a hand in work or parts. I can see I'm a little behind in this endeavor. I also see that most parts are being organized as I write this.

I am also going to OCBR and will be coming from Missouri (approx 50 miles from KC). If there is anything I can transport for someone I'll be happy to bring it along. I also travel up near Omaha, Nebraska/Council Bluffs, Iowa area from time to time and would be willing to haul anything from there also.

As a retired member of the military I do beleive this is a wonderful gesture by all involved. I know there will be alot of people turning wrenches at OCBR but if anyone needs a break from it, I'll be happy to jump in and lend a hand.

I'll look through my parts but I think all I'll have are little items. I'll check back more often and see how the list is coming and see if I have anything to add. If more new parts are needed, I'll be glad to donate cash to BC's account.

-Saryan-....I think you're right...........let's at least try and go stealth with this if we can.

Great job guys and gals!!!

YellowBronc

Bronco God
oh2bnok said:
Does she need a new engine? If that is a 289 in it now I have a new 302 I'll swap for it, but don't have any way to get it down there.

Boy does everyone type fast........two entries from where I left off reading.

Anyway, if the engine needs to be brought down to OCBR I'll be happy to go to Olathe and get it and bring the other back after it's over. Let me know!!!

This is going to be great!!! I want pics of his expression when he gets the big surprise on his return home.

Also, thinking about this........I know Bronco Driver mag was looking for military stories and such. I hope they hold off on it until this is all accomplished and can be published with anything else they've recieved.

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
I guess that is a 302 anyway, I have some chrome bumperettes, wiper motor cover, 4 rancho 5000 shocks if they will fit, chrome headlight rings, set of ford grill letters and a pair of BII brown EB seats. Maybe Yellowbronc can swing by Olathe on his way down.

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
I just sent $50.00 to the BC Broncos account, $1 for every star on the flag flying over my home that Melissa's husband and so many others are fighting to protect. God bless them all! Our's is a great country, and our Bronco family is showing it's character right here. Let's keep it up folks...

;D ;D ;D ;D Damn it feels good! ;D ;D ;D ;D

yak67

Bronco Guru
WOW this is awesome! Melissa God bless you and your husband. You have come to the right place.

I have a t-handle tcase shifter with handle if needed, a glove box door, and some other odds and ends that I can't think of. I think a needed list would be a great idea.

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
website

well not sure how to go stealth...I have a few domain names I would be happy to set up a site that would list what is needed what we have....money funded, etc

I can post pictures also....let me know if you think this would be ok...

I will get started asap

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
If anyone is interested in doing the swap, I have the upper and lower intake from a 5.0 install, fuel injectors, msd box and coil, distributor, and wiring harness from a 94 mustang install. So if anyone wants to tackle the wiring I can send the parts i have for a fuel injected conversion, or maybe we can get Ryan to donate a harness. I'll dig around at home and see what other parts I have.

Thank you Melissa and all the soldiers doing their job. May they come home safe.
Ivan

67bondobronc

I have a big bearing 9" rear end out of a 76 she can have, if we could figure out a way to get it to you guys. The rear end he has is probably good but hey why not upgrade? I also have the steering linkage out of a 76, it could be considered an upgrade over the 69's. Let me know and I will look around and see what else I can dig up.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
someone really needs to get a handle around what is really needed and what would be nice then work from there.

I bet if it was affordable I would suggest getting NEW parts from the vendors..disk brakes and PS. Just less hassle getting things together and you know it will fit! :cool:

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
brian72 said:
someone really needs to get a handle around what is really needed and what would be nice then work from there.

I bet if it was affordable I would suggest getting NEW parts from the vendors..disk brakes and PS. Just less hassle getting things together and you know it will fit! :cool:

I'm on it. Talked to Melissa on the phone today at work. Guys this is a really nice person that is wanting this for her husband. I don't know how long we talked but I gurantee we could have talked a lot longer. She is in a word overwhelmed, I don't think the lady has stopped smiling since her first reply on here. I just need to tidy up some details but, I think I have all of the body and paint part of this paid for. Any of you who have done it knows this is huge. I have up to now 5 professional body men and mechanics willing to donate their time and expertise. I'll be seeing Melissa face to face later this week, may even be when I pick up the O.B.B.. I'll pick her brain as to what he wants for it, and what he would want to do himself. The accounts setup at Chuck's is great. Let's find out what we're doing and how we're doing it before we start any shipping. When we have that I can receive most if not all things at my work. I will keep everyone posted on the finer details from here.

Thanks guys,
John E. Dixon

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I just recieved this from Jim Cole at Cage Offroad
Sounds like we have two vendors to work with.
I will be glad to help coordinate or any other way I can from here...
I will talk with Jim tomorrow if I can and get some more specifics on how we can pay, and I am sure he will check this thread when he can.

Also , I remembered I have a very nice used Weiand dual plane intake I will not be using since I am goin EFI.
If you stick with a carb and want to upgrade the intake this one is available....
I will likely make a donation to Cage either way.
This thing is really taking on a life of it's own.
Glad to be a part of it all.
Chris

"We will definitely work with everyone to help get this project to where it needs to be. At the very least we extend our standard Military and Law Enforcement 10% discount to her and her husband. I’ll need to know what her needs are but I don’t see why we can’t take care of getting a decent set of springs under the vehicle. Maybe donations can be made for shipping and shocks or something. I’m open for ideas.

CAGE Offroad would be proud to help. For over a year now we have been helping our just returned serviceman get the products they want at a discounted price. It is something we can do to help. If people are into helping the military people still fighting they can also go to adoptasniper.org. Lots of ways to help.

Chris, let me know what you want us to do on this project and we’ll work out the details. We could always take names and credit cards of people that wanted to donate money towards say radius arms or shipping or something and then bill out small amounts to several people to pay for it. However you guys work it out I’m willing to work with you on it.

Jim

PS I’ll try and get time to post something later but swamped right now so if you could post up the above info I’d greatly appreciate it."

Sharkman

Loc.
Austin, Tx.
I have a D44 in the austin tx area 3.5 open with drums. It may be easyer than shipping one from Alabama. Let me know.

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I know it's only bling, but I have diamond plate rear qtrs still in the box from JBG that I'll pitch in - they'll match those rocker covers. I also have a wiper motor cover if you need it after replacing the vacume setup with electric. I've also got a great 4 core radiator that's only a couple yrs old at the most.. It's yours if you need it. AND -- I'm always up for a road trip to Ark. We could use my place as a "staging area" for local Tejas folks (DFW Area) and I can make a run up there loaded down with EB stuff.

Attachments

• wipermotorcover.jpg
    wipermotorcover.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 36
  • qtrpanels2.jpg
    qtrpanels2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 36
  • qtrpanels1.jpg
    qtrpanels1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 28
  • rad1.jpg
    rad1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 36

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
67bondobronc said:
I have a big bearing 9" rear end out of a 76 she can have, if we could figure out a way to get it to you guys. The rear end he has is probably good but hey why not upgrade? I also have the steering linkage out of a 76, it could be considered an upgrade over the 69's. Let me know and I will look around and see what else I can dig up.
Sweet I think we got a drop off in GA. The steering linkage would be great to put in with the D44. The Big Bearing 9" would be a great gift for him to build up on his own. That way he could put 31-35 spline axels if he wanted and a locker and disk brakes! That way he will be able to have somthing to work on. This is so awesome guys. The support she has gotten has amazed me! This is what makes Bronco's so special! I am proud to be a part of this. :) :)

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
I hate to admit this, but I have no idea what all this Bronco lingo means. I don't know anything about auto stuff other than how to change oil and a flat tire. But, I AM really excited about it and can't wait to learn what all of these things are! The OCBR will be a eye opening experience for me. Thank you all again for donating your time, parts, contributions, and expertise. I am, as John mentioned, OVERWHELMED by all of this. I can't thank you enough. This is so inspiring, these acts of human kindness are just amazing. :eek:

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
Alright this is what we have.
1)DonsBolt
Front seats
Fender flares front and rear (new front, used but good rear)
F250 shock mounts
KbarS front springs (3.5 inch lift) (used)

2)Saryan
Stock PS pump
Diamond tread rocker panel protectors
Fender Flares (used)
Bumpers front and rear (used)
KbarS Shocks and springs (3.5 inch lift) (used)
Fiberglass hood W/hinges (used)

3)Mag409
Front grill (used)
OEM chrome bumper (new)

4)Frigr8
2 bumpers (fair)

5)Astark
4 31x10.5-15 Mud Kings on stock wheels

6)msweb
ABS door panels

7)Bigpappa
Edelbrock Preformer
4 Barrel Holley carb

8)Daddyg
Dana 44

9)Walker949
Elec. wiper kit
Gear Gawker T-case cover

10)DMJames
Stock spare tire carrier
Lots small parts

11)Oh2bnook
Will swap 302 for 289
4 rancho shocks

12)Yak67
T-handle t-case shifter
glove box door

13)67bondoBronc
Big Bearing 9"
76 Steering linkage

14)ChrisinWV
Weiand dual plane intake

15)Coach Barnes
Diamond plate QTR panels
Wiper motor cover
4 core radiator

Okay now everyone who has pledged to give anything (Time,money,parts). I need you to email me and let me know these few things. Who you are, what city and state you are from, what you have given or will give, and a short message to him or Mellisa. I am going to put together a list of everyone who wants to give somthing and who has given somthing. This list will be used to figure out how to get what from who from where. I will also give a copy to Mellisa so she can give it to her Husband. That way when he gets on this board someday he can say "67BondoBronc, Thanks for that 9 inch.....". Just email me so we dont FLOOD her email. I check mine 2-3 times a afternoon so I should be fine.Also if you dont have anything to give but just want to thank him and his wife for their service you can do that by posting here. That way she can just print it or show it to him.Thanks guys saryan25@cox.net

Last edited: