• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
ChrisinWV said:
Melissa, Does your Husband have access where he is stationed now? Wouldn't want him logging in and spoiling the surprise.......

Thanks!
Chris and Vicki in WV

He does have email, but is not able to view much of anything else. They have alot blocked where he is. Poor thing can't even search ebay. That is something I was thinking about too. He wanted me to work on it while he is gone, but he has no idea I will have this many people helping me. I am so excited!

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
What's the power situation out there at the park?

I can bring my air compressor and some air tools if need be. I can also try to scare up some lighting if need be, in case it goes on past dark.

I don't have much for useful parts to offer up, but I am willing to turn a wrench on it.

Do we need a generator? Any electrical work that needs doing, I'm willing to help out.

Something I thought of: Someone needs to bring a big bucket of gear oil to service the diffs and also tune up parts.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
I am printing off the posts that have been made so far and any new ones so that when he gets back he can read all about our project and see everything that took place while he was gone. Since he did want me to try to get some things done while he is away, I am going to tell him I am doing the things from Calvary's list of suggestions on page one when he asks what I have done. First I am telling him that I am taking it to some local mechanics to "go through it with a fine tooth comb and check for mechanical problems". I will have to explain to him that I am trying to do what I can, etc. I will need help coming up with things to tell him. He was so excited about getting it, that he will be asking what progress I have made. I will down play the whole thing so he doesn't think anything out of the ordinary. It will be hard, but the end result will be worth it. I know he will be thrilled! Thank you guys all so much for everything. ;)

kcmacg

Loc.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Just saw the post feel like i missed the boat! this is what i have:
Fibrglass frontfenders with the fender flare molded in (Duff's) right and left
Dash Cover (Black)

from the pic's i dont know if these are needed, so i would also like to contribute to the fund, tell me where to send the check!

Melissa, thank you to you and your family.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Wow this is Great.. You're a great wife to be willing to do this for your husband and the members here are great for what they are willing to do to help you. It just goes to show that some people still care..

That being said I am willing to donate parts and money. I have quite a few parts laying around. I have an extra dana 44, shipping would be expensive and I don't know where that falls on the priority list. Post what all is needed and I will look to see what I have.

A big THANK YOU goes to your husband for his service to our great nation.

-Greg

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
First of all, he does have access to this website where he is located. I know, because I am on Camp Victory, and I check out the board every day. So remaining stealth will be hard. I know I have a couple Broncos at home in need of repair, and all I do in my free time is to check out the boards for parts and tech tips for when I get back.

There are quite a few EB owners over here. Not that we have meetings or anything, but we keep in contact from posts observed on this board.

If you guys gather too many parts and want to adopt another EB in need, I have three that need help!!!

Good luck with the project. Definately a worthy cause..........

DiggetyDan

Loc.
Beverly
Hey all, I think this is a great idea. I just started my Bronco project so i don't have many spare parts lying around but I'll throw $ into the hat to help out.

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
Contacted BC Broncos

I called Chuck @ BC Broncos about the Gift Certificate.
He said setting up an account for this is no problem.

We can send money to his paypal account: chuck@bcbroncos.com
Under the notes please put: Operation Bahgdad Bronco

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
HEY dont forget us Canucks.

Well us canucks gotta get into this

I got a complete electric wiper setup collecting dust and dirt she can have for shipping

If some sends me her address, I will send her a gear gawker for her Tcase for NO CHARGE. TOFWIC and I believe in support of people that put their life on the line for our freedon.

TOFIC

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
Mp

mp said:
First of all, he does have access to this website where he is located. I know, because I am on Camp Victory, and I check out the board every day. So remaining stealth will be hard. I know I have a couple Broncos at home in need of repair, and all I do in my free time is to check out the boards for parts and tech tips for when I get back.

There are quite a few EB owners over here. Not that we have meetings or anything, but we keep in contact from posts observed on this board.

If you guys gather too many parts and want to adopt another EB in need, I have three that need help!!!

Good luck with the project. Definately a worthy cause..........

Where are your Broncos? I see that you have TX as your State. Fort Hood?

DMJAMES

Loc.
Statham, GA.
Melissa, we would also like to donate some parts. First off my husband and I would like to say thank you to you and your husband for the sacrifices you both have made. I know you said your husband liked the ford blue color but I have some Ford Medium Titanium Gray Metallic paint (just the base coat) If you think that may be an option? I also have a hardtop that may be in a little better condition(?) stock spare tire carrier, hood and a whole bunch of little parts like light lenses, door strapes, weather stripping, visors, wiper cover, tires, etc...

We need to have like a person or two per state to collect parts then ship them to Melissa. I will volunteer for Georgia. So if anyone around here wants to donate I could meet you some where. I second the big BBQ for a homecoming. I would love to see his face! I will help in anyway I can.

Contact Info
DMAJMES78@EARTHLINK.NET
or 770-725-9034

-Michelle James

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
cdkaminsky said:
Where are your Broncos? I see that you have TX as your State. Fort Hood?

Stuffed in a storage all over the DFW metroplex. I am in the Texas Guard, and will be returning to Austin (moving there for new job) in January. See you then.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Melissa,

I also want to Thank you and your husband for the sacrifices you have endured to protect our country and my prayers will be with you and your husband as well as all others serving our country.

I don't have much in the way of spare parts, and I'll send some money to your account at BC's. It seems everyone is going in the right direction getting this pony up to speed.

I know a bronco is NEVER finished, but do we want to leave some of the stuff for him to do? Maybe the lift or something? He would probably like to get his hands greasy when he returns. Can we leave a little in the BC fund for him to choose how high he wants to go? Just a suggestion.

What a great community here! Keep it up guys!

J.D.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Wow! You guys have gone above and beyond anything imaginable! I don't know how to thank you all for all the support and prayers. I never dreamed it would be such a mass project. I thought I would get on here and ask for advice and now there are folks from everywhere wanting to help out. I am truely grateful for everything. Thank you all so much. You all are wonderful.
Sincerely,
Melissa

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
walker949 said:
Well us canucks gotta get into this

I got a complete electric wiper setup collecting dust and dirt she can have for shipping

If some sends me her address, I will send her a gear gawker for her Tcase for NO CHARGE. TOFWIC and I believe in support of people that put their life on the line for our freedon.

TOFIC

Electric wipers would be great! It does have vaccuum wipers now. I was surprised since it is a 69. I thought they were replaced that year. Shows what I know. Thank you so much.
Melissa

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
DMJAMES said:
Melissa, we would also like to donate some parts. First off my husband and I would like to say thank you to you and your husband for the sacrifices you both have made. I know you said your husband liked the ford blue color but I have some Ford Medium Titanium Gray Metallic paint (just the base coat) If you think that may be an option? I also have a hardtop that may be in a little better condition(?) stock spare tire carrier, hood and a whole bunch of little parts like light lenses, door strapes, weather stripping, visors, wiper cover, tires, etc...

We need to have like a person or two per state to collect parts then ship them to Melissa. I will volunteer for Georgia. So if anyone around here wants to donate I could meet you some where. I second the big BBQ for a homecoming. I would love to see his face! I will help in anyway I can.

Contact Info
DMAJMES78@EARTHLINK.NET
or 770-725-9034

-Michelle James

I think he would be pleased with any improvements made. Grey sounds like a very nice option. Thank you for offering so much. I hope we can do a BBQ. I know he would be astonished!
Thank you again.
Melissa

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
Okay, we have ALOT more parts now. That D44 is awesome. Do we know if she has a 30 or a 44 right now? I will make a new list and post it on here of all the parts we have. We need a PS setup, anyone with a stock gearbox 73-77? Also good job on BC's account, that is great. Good job guys. I can be the guy in Oklahoma to pic up these parts and take them to her. I will be at the OCBR. I also have a small generator. :cool:

Last edited:

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
From the second set of pics, I am pretty sure it's a D30. It would be easier to install the discs on the 44 while it's out.

J.D.

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
daddyg said:
Wow this is Great.. You're a great wife to be willing to do this for your husband and the members here are great for what they are willing to do to help you. It just goes to show that some people still care..

That being said I am willing to donate parts and money. I have quite a few parts laying around. I have an extra dana 44, shipping would be expensive and I don't know where that falls on the priority list. Post what all is needed and I will look to see what I have.

A big THANK YOU goes to your husband for his service to our great nation.

-Greg
Thats awesome man. If we could get that to her we could look at starting disk brakes. Anyone in AL going to AR? ;D

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
Since we now have to worry about him seeing this(since it is a big thread). Do you guys think we should now operate uner the name O.B.B so not to cause attention? Just trying to keep this a suprise. We could make a new thread (O.B.B.) and everyone could start posting the parts they have and where they are located and if they can meet someone.Oh yeah, if you can be a drop off and point or are willing to transport parts then PM either myself or Mellisa.
Okay now for some questions. I have not done a disk conversion because I have a 77(came with them). Toms sells a kit for about $800. Is that all she would need or is there more? If we could get her most of the parts (disks,calipers,pads,lines,) then it she would only need to buy a couple of big parts. The same thing goes for the PS. What all does she need. Chuck has a kit for about $800. Is that all she will need or is there more. I know she will need pulleys but again, I have a 77 so it came with it too.Thanks guys.