• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost upgrade went haywire (brake gurus please help)

OP
OP
Rox Crusher

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Well I finally found the culprit........

After trying new master cylinders (both Astro and camaro) they still weren't working

Replaced the prop valve from the junkyard with another prop valve from the junkyard and now I have a broken nose and need a new windsheild

%)

70_Steve

Old Guy
Well I finally found the culprit........

After trying new master cylinders (both Astro and camaro) they still weren't working

Replaced the prop valve from the junkyard with another prop valve from the junkyard and now I have a broken nose and need a new windsheild

%)
Glad you found the problem. Confirmation sucks a bit, though...

Is the doctor on the way to the glass shop?

OP
OP
Rox Crusher

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
UPDATE:

I never could get my brakes back to where they were functioning like they used to but I had gotten used to driving it with less than perfect brakes.

Tonight I relocated the reservoir using an idea that 76Fordbronco @ ACB had about making a bracket that mounted on the little tab on the front of the upper intake.

This allows the discharge port on the reservoir to be slightly higher than the intake port on the power steering pump. The hose barely has any downward angle to it but it is much better. When I had the reservoir mounted on the fender it had a pretty significant slant from the pump down to the reservoir which I had heard was ok so long as the fluid level was higher than the intake port on the pump.

Well, I took it for a test drive and while they still aren't 100 perfect they are way better and the brake imbalance light finally went off. I think with a little more driving to get the air out of the system and a couple more rounds of bleeding the brakes I won't have to worry about them anymore

Attachments

• reservoir mount 1.jpg
    reservoir mount 1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 57
  • reservoir mount2.jpg
    reservoir mount2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 49

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Progress?!! He's been in all out upgrade mode since getting that bigger MAF meter. I think he's afraid the Junk Yard Dog will be faster than his Bronco.

OP
OP
Rox Crusher

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
UPDATE:

I think with a little more driving to get the air out of the system and a couple more rounds of bleeding the brakes I won't have to worry about them anymore

ANOTHER UPDATE:

If you really want to dislodge air bubbles out of your brake lines and components, take your Bronco to Moab and bounce it around on the rocks and washboard roads.

They are working great now and I think it is because there was air trapped in prop valve.