• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I am up for suggestions

75_Bronco

Loc.
Arlington, Tx
hey forum, <br>man you guys (and girls) have helped me so much with this new beast i have just bought, now i am up for suggestions... <br>What mod should i go for first for my bronc???<br>here are my specs...<br>302 (holley aftermarket carb new)<br>c4 tranny<br>dana 44(stock)<br>dana 20 (stock)<br>cut fenders<br>fiberglass door inserts <br>kayline doors and top <br>stereo<br>these way cool mitsubishi racing seats (got em for free)<br>bikini top<br>possibly a 2inch susp lift (not sure guy i bought from said it was stock height, i however doubt it because i can fit my 33's with room)<br>----------------------------------Its my daily driver, i drive it to school everday, so what sould i do next???<br>Paul<><<br>

Broncmeister

You didn't mention your brake setup. If you do not have disks, I'd recommend that as your first mod.

OP
OP

75_Bronco

Loc.
Arlington, Tx
thanks man, <br>one step ahead of you. Actually i already have a 6 point and im in the prcess of getting shoulder belts, just had a brake job done on all four wheels..<br>what next ???<br>Paul<><

66horse

Bronco Guru
On the brakes, if they are not disc, start thinking about it. But sounds like you have most safety issues taken care of. how about a lift? There is on for sale in the for sale section for cheap. Seems like a good deal.<br><br>Does you glove box door open? there is a cool little mod to that in the over 500 links sections.<br><br>How about bumpers? I dont like the sstock ones myself and went with protofabs, they are real cool.<br><br>are you gonna take it offraoding? Look at bcbroncos rock skis?<br><br>How about the instrument cluster. there was a cool thread a few days ago about some overlays. Cost 20 bucks and really makes the cluster look much cooler.<br><br>How is the paint?<br><br>Do you have powersteering? It is nice to have if you don't.<br><br>Lining the tub with somehting like linex.<br><br>How about an interior light. Wish I had one, cant see shit at night inside the bronco.<br><br>Hood pins? They look cool.<br><br>A locker if you are going offroad. Selectable if you have the cash.<br><br>Hows the wiring? Big project i hear and maybe not great to do without a backup ride.<br><br>Shift kit in the tranny?<br><br>Fuel injection or Chucks qjet? I know you said it is a nerw carb but hey would be cool and you can always ebay that carb.<br><br>How does it cool? New Radiator?<br><br>Cooler steering wheel?<br><br>Flame throwers? those are wicked cool but illegal most places ;)<br><br>ok I have gone on and on enough for a while.

randall

dana 60s, 5.13s, spools, and 38s. haha, jk, well if you have the money then im serious. Anyways, first i would decide exactly what it is you plan to do with it, that will influence nearly every mod you make. But i would think a good lift and tires would be high on the list.

OP
OP

75_Bronco

Loc.
Arlington, Tx
thanx for all the help guys!!!<br>i think i am going to start looking for a decent front disk conversion... and hopefully power steering. for a ps conversion what do i need besides the pump ( i checked out the saginaw mounting bracket proj link)???<br>Paul<><

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=75_Bronco link=board=5;threadid=10986;start=0#80598 date=1036591635]<br>thanx for all the help guys!!!<br>i think i am going to start looking for a decent front disk conversion... and hopefully power steering. for a ps conversion what do i need besides the pump ( i checked out the saginaw mounting bracket proj link)???<br>Paul<><<br>[/quote]<br><br>The box, brackets and hoses. Complete setups are on Ebay all the time for around $4-500. I am sure there are cheaper ways, but this way you get everything that originally came on the EB.<br><br>I will add my vote to disc brakes. I drove my bronco around for 5 years on the 4 wheel drums, converted to disc a few weeks ago and kick myself for not making it the first mod. Definitely worth the money. Drums suck!

OP
OP

75_Bronco

Loc.
Arlington, Tx
sweet, f150 setup looks good... do you think i could make the swap myself i have little mechanical knowlege, i have changed oil and adjusted my carb, but thats it. would this swap by too tough for a newb like myself???<br>Paul<><<br>