• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

i have a problem, bear with me...

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I'm not a long time member, nor do I know anyone personally. I don't know much of the social dynamic of this place. But, i've been here a little while and have read a few posts.
Stallion, in your own posts you describe your financial situation, which seems to change almost daily. Without going into specifics from each post, your situation changes often, more often than they should. If your financial situation were more secure, you would be better able to roll with these challenges that hit you. What your friends here would like for you to have is TRUE security, for yourself and your daughter. Having a few dollars on hand and having no one pressing you for it is not financial security. And it's not only you, since few people are absolutely financial solvent and secure.
Financial security means being able to pay any debt you incurr without having to extend it into the future. It means not needing to explain why you lack for something or other. That should be your goal, and if you reach it you will find that all the white noise goes away. I think this is what many people here are sensing about your situation and are saying to you in various ways.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I'm not a long time member, nor do I know anyone personally. I don't know much of the social dynamic of this place. But, i've been here a little while and have read a few posts.
Stallion, in your own posts you describe your financial situation, which seems to change almost daily. Without going into specifics from each post, your situation changes often, more often than they should. If your financial situation were more secure, you would be better able to roll with these challenges that hit you. What your friends here would like for you to have is TRUE security, for yourself and your daughter. Having a few dollars on hand and having no one pressing you for it is not financial security. And it's not only you, since few people are absolutely financial solvent and secure.
Financial security means being able to pay any debt you incurr without having to extend it into the future. It means not needing to explain why you lack for something or other. That should be your goal, and if you reach it you will find that all the white noise goes away. I think this is what many people here are sensing about your situation and are saying to you in various ways.

WTF is that supposed to mean? oh I get it hey Ben you need to get a butt load of money so you don't have to worry about financial security :cool: cheer up buddy I remember when you were moving and you gave me some parts for free. you are a good guy and some day it will work out. Hey the meek shall inherit the earth right? anyways if I had a nickel for every time the wife and I said something about selling one of the broncos and then realized this is what makes us happy so to part with it would kill us, well I would not have any debt.

good luck.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Chill out. I wasn't insulting anyone, just trying to sum up what lots of other posts seem to point to. 73Stallion seems to be someone who is humble and unnassuming and solicits advice from others. I would not take everyone's advice as well as he does, and would be shorting out. He's rolled with it pretty good. I respect that.
I think I was plenty clear in what I said, so if you are paraphrasing the meaning into something more sinister then that's on you, not me. There can be a broad window between being financially secure and "having a butt load of money".
I;m trying to point out that life gets better (for any of us) if we aren't living hand-to-mouth, day to day, and it should be a higher goal.

OsideDave

Times are hard for many people throughout the US right now. Sounds like Ben is doing the best he can to take care of his daughter and NOT sell his Bronco, those would be my priorities as well. Many of us had to park their Broncos due to financial reasons, I did and now its back and I am enjoying it again. Plus it sounds like Kellie really enjoys the Bronco so unless its worth a fortune and pull you out of debt for years then let it sit. Hard work and perseverance always pay off in the long run, hang in there Ben.

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
I;m trying to point out that life gets better (for any of us) if we aren't living hand-to-mouth, day to day, and it should be a higher goal.

LOL, that's been my higher goal all my adult life. I'll let you know when I get there.

77broncoguy

Loc.
Grand Rapids, MI
I wish you luck Ben. You are doing the right thing as far as establishing a life with your daughter. It sounds like things are rough for you and will continue to be for some time. That's okay, it presents the opportunity to really define your character to yourself and your daughter. Work hard, spend wisely, take care of your responsibilities, and most importantly be sure your daughter witnesses that you carry on through life's troubles with integrity. If selling the Bronco becomes the right thing to do, I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

Hang in there, and God Bless.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
for a long time i didn't know where she was, and they didn't even have a phone so i couldn't contact them. i did find out a last year that her grandpa did get a phone one day when i googled his name using online white pages. when i tried calling for her the middle of last year, i was lied to and he told me he didn't know how to get hold of her or her mom. basically a piss poor attempt to keep me away from kellie.

since i was out of state helping my parents it was hard for me to go up and try to force susie to let me see her. i didn't have the money to travel, or the money for a lawyer. trust me, it's next to impossible to find a free lawyer in this city. i'm trying right now.

I'm sorry for your situation, and I am also sorry for getting riled up. This topic always hits too close to home for me. It is one of my "buttons" for sure. Best of luck to you guys in the future.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I wish you luck Ben. You are doing the right thing as far as establishing a life with your daughter. It sounds like things are rough for you and will continue to be for some time. That's okay, it presents the opportunity to really define your character to yourself and your daughter. Work hard, spend wisely, take care of your responsibilities, and most importantly be sure your daughter witnesses that you carry on through life's troubles with integrity. If selling the Bronco becomes the right thing to do, I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

Hang in there, and God Bless.

Now that was awesome, and more than worthy of the quote above.

And confirms that I hang with some of the finest people in the world here ;)