• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

i have a problem, bear with me...

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
Drivers license:

My wife use to work for the child support division of the DA here in CA.

They use the drivers license removal as a threat to get you in front of them if you refuse to show up. I have seen her do it and it works really well. So yes they have the right to revoke your DL but it is usually a last resort.

I will ask her about the direct withdrawl from the checking account but I am sure TX is different than CA.

Also, consider using an "online" bank and registering an address at a PO box in another state. Just an idea.

Matt

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Not to be sympathetic to you losing your money but I think I am missing something? You had 3K in your bank for some time in Cali and you never paid your child support and now your pissed because it caught up with you in TX?

What am I missing here.

Ben

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know that I should just stay out of this but....

Are you seriously complaining about having to support your kids? I agree with the post above, sell the Bronco if you have to.

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
now that i'm working i'm going to be paying it. i sat down for an hour last night figuring out my finances after they dock my checks, i'll be able to make it once normal size checks start coming in.

i used that 3k to live off of when i got down here. between paying rent, bills, and feeding kelie and i, it went pretty fast. also buying her clothes and shoes because she's growing like a weed.

gjrock

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Anacortes,WA
3K does not last long.....Keep you head up.It is very easy to armchair quarterback,not knowing all the info.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I wasn't trying to arm chair quarterback, just wanted some clarification and to make sure Ben understood how it sounded. I don't know the whole story and can only assume Ben has done right by his daughter both now and in the past. I don't care for people that shirk their duties to their children no matter what they drive. He made it sound that he had 3K in his kitty for some time and did not pay his support payments and then when he moved to TX he used the that money to pay for his rent and other expenses as needed as well as pay for his and his daughter food and clothing. If that is right for him then so be it.

Ben

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
I don't know all the history, but i know that Ben made a big leap to move out to Texas to be with his daughter. That's the right thing to do.

Bronco

Loc.
Mountain View, CA
I agree about selling the bronco. I think it should have happened a few weeks ago when people were donating funds but now is definitely the time. At least you have another vehicle to drive.

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Personally, I think the whole child support system needs to be reworked. There are no checks and balances for the people receiving the $ to make sure they are actually using it to support the children and not to pay for whatever they feel like buying that month.

I pay about $500/month and I am constantly asked for more from the ex. I don't mind paying, hell I actually want to pay to help her support our kids, but I don't like hearing about the nice vacation they went on, and then next week she needs more money for school clothes or what not.

It should be just as important that the person with custody spend the $ in support of their children as it is that the person with out custody make the payments, but it's not.

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
Personally, I think the whole child support system needs to be reworked. There are no checks and balances for the people receiving the $ to make sure they are actually using it to support the children and not to pay for whatever they feel like buying that month.

I pay about $500/month and I am constantly asked for more from the ex. I don't mind paying, hell I actually want to pay to help her support our kids, but I don't like hearing about the nice vacation they went on, and then next week she needs more money for school clothes or what not.

It should be just as important that the person with custody spend the $ in support of their children as it is that the person with out custody make the payments, but it's not.

ok I don't mean to take sides here, but as someone who paid child support for 16 yrs, the above statement just sounds like bitter bs
money dosen't RAISE a child
give the money AND ALL YOUR TIME,
then you will have the right to bitch
my 2 cents

OH PS, I paid my child support for 16 years, + extras but that don't make me a good father ( I don't know if I can say that I was ) but I spent as much quality time with my daughter as I could and I thanked my ex wife for helping raise my daughter ( when I wasn't wraped up in my own sh*t, or thinking about how much I hated my ex )
child support is monetary help only.
It's all the other help that really counts

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I don't think the post by kbldawg sounds bitter at all and he has certainly met his obligations and more over an extended period of time, giving him the right to expect this support to be used wisely and in the best interest of his children. I too wish there was some accountability built into the system to insure and check this, but there is not, and he continues to support his children none the less.

Conversely 73stallion has been able to avoid paying his child support for over thirteen years and his posts do sound bitter to me, now that this has caught up with him. Just a couple a months ago he was installing new long arms and a front locker, and they work great. But you know, I have been dreaming about doing the same to my rig for years and have not been able to afford it, and I don't pay child support either, but I'm not bitter at all.

I like everyone else has made the bed that I sleep in, and although it may not be the nicest bed out there, I can assure you I am quite comfortable in it, and sleep well at night.

I sincerely hope you all get your parts soon, that things will improve soon for 73stallion, that this little girl will get the support she deserves, and that someday I will have those longs arms and front locker myself ;)

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
thank you alan. i'm not bitter, i just wish they'd at least try and contact me before they just TAKE it from me. that and my trying to contact them about it, they don't call me back. susie even got a letter from them about an appointment at the atty general's office in june, i never got a letter and she said i was supposed to show up also. typical of the state, yes. i'm supporting her now, and i get my paycheck tomorrow. most of the parts will be shipped out then because all my bills are caught up. i'm going to put away a few hundred dollars for upcoming rent the middle of next month, and my next check on the 16th will cover the rest and some bills. i just went through a tough time when i had 2 small checks because of only a few days worked at first. now business is steady, and i've already figured out about what i'll be bringing in a month. it's strill gonna be a little tight for another month probably. heck, i need a pair of shoes and i'm not even gonna buy a pair for another month prolly...

the bronco is not costing me anything to keep right now. i'm not driving it but maybe 1 mile a week just to keep the gas from gumming up in the carb. it's been 3 weeks since i've even had to put any gas in it.

i hear ya about the parts alan. the locker and arms didn't even cost me anything out of pocket. i've been selling some of the parts i got in trade for labor just to keep going. a few of the things i haven't sold are still sitting in the closet and they may be there for quite a while longer just cause i don't have time for it right now.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
please stop telling him to sell the bronco cause he's already can support me with out selling the bronco but thanks anyway

Good morning 73stallionette, I had no idea you were here or I may not have said some of the adult things that I have. But let me say this, you are a daughter of the Bronco brotherhood and have more good people who care about you, your mother and father, than you could ever know :cool:

And my thoughts and prayers are with you ;)

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can understand your not wanting to sell the Bronco, but no way should a material item stand in the way of yours or your daughters well being. I am speaking from personal experience. I was divorced in 1999 and sold everything I own except the vehicle I needed to get back and forth to work, moved in with my sister for a while, and even had a ice chest sitting in the spot where the refrigerator goes when I moved back into my own place. One of the things I sold was my first car, 1965 Mustang that I got when I was 14 and was 37 when I sold it. Do I wish I had it back, you bet, do I regret selling it, not at all. I made sure my kids and my ex had what they needed until things could be sorted out and move forward. Nobody knows your circumstances better than you, my advice is to look at the full picture of what you have to work with, make the most sensible decision on a goal to pull through your situation and go forward. Sometimes that item you have that you refuse to part with may be the very thing that can bail you out.

Good Luck....think about the things Alan said.

I am living proof you can bounce back. I have more (material things) now than I had before the divorce, but nothing more valuable than my kids by my side.

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
that is well said, thank you for your advise. i'm not in a position that i need to sell it though. part of the payments i'll be making is for back payments also. i may be making payments the rest of my life, i don't know. once she turns 18, the chiild support will stop and the entire payment will go toward back payments. 13 years later it'll be paid off.