• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I (was) getting very angry. c6 is installed.

FSRBIKER

Loc.
Oak Ridge, NJ
Bax does your receipt have a warranty period? I don't think you should have had to pay a penny over the initial cost, if it goes to court you should sue for the removal/2nd install/removal again/next install costs/time.

It's time to show up and make a big scene, if he is particularly busy on Saturday's I would show up with Revelation and as many other 4wheeling buddies as you can! Clog up his parking lot and make sure all the other customers know how he handles problems with his work.

OX1

Bronco Guru
. . . and then tow bar instead of a trailer. I miss standard trannies.

Just make sure that TC is in nuetral, ask me how I know..........

BTW, no credit card, that sucks...... Small claims court in Fl??? NJ allows up to 2800$ now I think.

Last edited:

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Sorry to hear this again, and you 're right about fighting with someone you've known for 25 years. I hope he comes around to your way of thinking.
Keep us posted.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Is maxie still around? I used to race against him at the drag strip in the 80's

Looks like No but my office is right around the corner from where he was so I will check. I will also check with a few other racers I know.
Nice Hijack too!!!

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
I cant believe your still fighting the tranny issues. I felt bad about not making it by your place again last night but reading this post gave me the felling it might not have been a good time anyhow.

I'm driving back to Tampa this weekend, why dont you let me pick the tranny up from the SOB and take it to the shop that did my work. He's been in business for 25 years, has a great reputation around the tracks and speed shops. He wont charge you to look at it and give you a quote and you can talk to him on the phone. Maybe having something on paper from a reputable shop will get this guys attention or give him a clue. It could also help if you decide to lawyer up down the road. Let me know.

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Set fire to his shop. Fire seems to be one thing Bronco guys know how to do well.

Hopefully they can build you a good C-6 for nada and your worries and problems with the tranny are over.

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
Bax this just makes me sick! I'm sorry to hear about the he!! your going through. I'd have to say that if it was me I would be doing everything it takes to get my money and my parts and take it all to a different builder. These guys cannot know what they are doing. At this point I would consider sending it cross country to a professional rebuilder if I had to. I think I would look into some of the hot rod/Mustang related magazines for adds and talk to them. I hope you get this all worked out man.

jjwtwice

Loc.
IGH, MN
How about an email campain on your behalf to the email in the web address provided. I guess we can wait until you to get satisfaction to do that.

I say you get your money back and the free rebuild on the C6 for all the agrevation and you won't trash him on any fourm sites.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
OK I have the transmission. I went to the shop and had a talk with John(tranny guy) I expanded my side of the story and told him that I thought 600 dollars was way out of line. He agreed and gave me the transmission with an apology. The sales man helped me load it in the truck, he said he was glad I came in and talked to John. He said he was not allowed to change any prices, but thought I was getting screwed. So here it is.

We will have to see how this one works.

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 57
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 39
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 47

brian72

Early Bronco Student
If you had built this from the beginning instead of the AOD, which would have been more expensive?

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
If you had built this from the beginning instead of the AOD, which would have been more expensive?

Brian leave it to you to bring that up. yes the AOD has more money in it. It cost more to build an AOD if you put the good parts in it. The C6 is a bit tougher and not as much needs to be spent on after market parts. yes I am still in the hole on the AOD but I needed an out. The c6 will work.

OX1

Bronco Guru
OK I have the transmission. I went to the shop and had a talk with John(tranny guy) I expanded my side of the story and told him that I thought 600 dollars was way out of line. He agreed and gave me the transmission with an apology. The sales man helped me load it in the truck, he said he was glad I came in and talked to John. He said he was not allowed to change any prices, but thought I was getting screwed. So here it is.

We will have to see how this one works.

Should be OK, last C6 I got done was chevy orange, was scared to death that thing was gonna fry............ ;D