• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I (was) getting very angry. c6 is installed.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
The good is you got the C6 rebuilt for no more additional costs on the rebuildrs end. The sad part is it appears he thought he would still try to get some money out of the deal or some one else that may be in control did not know what was going on. Alls well then ends well or as well as it can in this case but I don't think I would refer nor go back to this guy. Friend he can be but not my tranny builder. Good luck with the C6 project.

OX1

Bronco Guru
No I still have it. I have no idea what is good inside it.

Oh, thought that was part of the deal to return it. Would imagine hardened input/outputs would still be good. Anything else could have been junked up by particles me thinks.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Bax - maybe you can ask for the difference in price, nevermind the headache of it all.

backpain

Bronco Guru
I don't know about y'all, but the headache, stress, and wasted time are worth more per hour to me than my job pays.

That's what infuriates me about things like this. Apparently we're all just crazy for expecting people (service providers that we deal with in our personal lives) to do their jobs at work, despite how much we discuss in advance, plan, ask about alternatives, confirm and reconfirm, bend over backwards to accomodate, etc. Most of us would be fired (or lose customers) if we did the same at work.

Personal secretary and personal legal counsel to deal with all these things would be nice. But then you'd need a personal manager to make sure they were doing their jobs.

'Tis life!

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
It is in. Test drove it last night at midnight. I am going to miss the overdrive. (4.88's) I dont have the kick-down fabed up. I am trying to use my TV linkage from the AOD. Also the neutral safety switch is kinda weird. It mounts on the shifter arm coming out of the trans. It really made it hard for me to hook up the cable shift. The cross- member I used for the AOD worked. I had to make a new side mount for the t case. Going easy down the road you can barely feel the shifts. If you jump on it it will snap your neck. going fast it is a very firm and quick shift. Nothing like the AOD ever was. The set up is about 2'' longer. my rear shaft is kind
of compressed too far for any good compression / flex. It will still need some work later when my 400 spits it out the back.. ( drive shaft upgrade) My 205 is making some noise now? WTF? Transfer case rebuild coming up.

bax

FSRBIKER

Loc.
Oak Ridge, NJ
Congrats on getting it on the road, why not try and sell your driveshaft before you destroy it? I assume it was a custom made one for your AOD.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
sorry to hear about your compressed rear end ;D