• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I'm making some progress on Frank!

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
actually it is. :p......it started out Green and I figured it would need a ton of patch work before I got serious into replacing all those panels. Hopefully I can shorten it to just FRANK in the end. And hopefully the only green I will see will be the people who are green with envy! ;D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
gezzs I learn something everyday. I saw some of the other dashes (when I did a search on dashes) with black labels in those same spots it seems. Are those factory slot covers? or just labels for the knobs?

Ben

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
now that is kewl! thanks for the picture. thats the first I've seen of that too. ;D .............learning some things today, thanks brutha!

progress update from today feb 10, 2005

if you will notice in picture number 3 of the side of the dash by the speedometer, (and picture 4 as well) the grayish finish.......that is what ospho does to metal. seems to etch it somewhat, and leaves it with a dull gray finish that is ready for painting. Of course I scuff it a little before applying any primer, then sand the primer and then paint. It would be interesting to know just how good this stuff is. Its suppose to kill rust and many many autobody shops here in south alabama use it. Its marine based, so that tells me something in itself.
Ben

Attachments

• dashbefoeandafter 008.jpg
    dashbefoeandafter 008.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 25
  • dashbefoeandafter 009.jpg
    dashbefoeandafter 009.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 17
  • dashbefoeandafter 010.jpg
    dashbefoeandafter 010.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 31
  • dashbefoeandafter 011.jpg
    dashbefoeandafter 011.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Glasswalker1999

keep up the good work

Bronco's are very nice when they are done right... but seen a few that should be used for parts :'( dont go half a$$ or u will end up with junk Brother. got 4 myself and still lookin for more ;D Keep up the good work looks like its coming along nicely.... hope the old bronco makes u as happy as mine does

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
thats the beauty of old broncos, you can build em for many purposes. And that in itself is a great thing!

Jeepster,
Man your educating me again. I guess one of the reasons I havent seen the lights is because the vendors dont make them. And since mine didnt come with em. the slot kinda reminds me of the slot on a computer that is just big enough for a CD to go thru.......hummm now the wheels are turning for sure! ;D
Ben

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
you know most computers are 12 volt converted from 120v power supplys. I wonder what it would take to install a computer in a early bronco. LOL
I guess a lap top would be much simpler. I've always wanted a big digital display built into my tailgate so I could type smart Arse remarks to people who tailgate lol

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Bronco Ben said:
you know most computers are 12 volt converted from 120v power supplys. I wonder what it would take to install a computer in a early bronco. LOL
I guess a lap top would be much simpler. I've always wanted a big digital display built into my tailgate so I could type smart Arse remarks to people who tailgate lol

Ha.. that would be a great feature. I think a laptop on a sturdy mount would be cool with a GPS on board hooked to it. GPS with a big display would rock.

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
Frank has given me total fits this weekend. After seeing taxx and trails progress I guess last night at 12:00 I was a little destrought! Anyways, it has all worked out pretty much. The floors are all welded in from the top side. I still have to finish the work on the bottem. But I'll finish that once I get it up on the body stand, once that is all done, its off to the media blaster for blasting and epoxy primer....hopefully!.....Here are some photos.
I enjoyed talking with ya blue71.........and thanks to trail for the kind words in the HELP thread! I appreciate your input guys........thanks
now here is the photos

It aint perfect, but hey its not a show truck its a go truck! ;D
ben

Attachments

• progress20 004.jpg
    progress20 004.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 46
  • progress20 003.jpg
    progress20 003.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 56
  • progress20 002.jpg
    progress20 002.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 49
  • progress20 001.jpg
    progress20 001.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Ok, someone is being too critical on himself! THAT LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!!!

Just remember, all of ours measure slightly different. Get it so the doors open & noone will be lurking around your rig with a tape measure!!!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Bill

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
just in case anyone wants to know. a half in pipe nipple has exactly the same inside and outside diameter of these front floor support channel spacers/bushings.
here is a picture of the one I'm talking about. oh and by the way its 1/2" tall, and this is taking into account the floor pan indention under the bolt head!...
Ben

Attachments

• Broncoprogress17 012.jpg
    Broncoprogress17 012.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
a couple patches I did tonight. No major progress to speak of but I did get these in! the 7th picture is me playing with my new torch tip I bought today. ;D
Ben

Attachments

• quarter panel patches 018.jpg
    quarter panel patches 018.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 57
  • quarter panel patches 017.jpg
    quarter panel patches 017.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 54
  • quarter panel patches 010.jpg
    quarter panel patches 010.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 63
  • quarter panel patches 009.jpg
    quarter panel patches 009.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 41
  • quarter panel patches 008.jpg
    quarter panel patches 008.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 56
  • quarter panel patches 006.jpg
    quarter panel patches 006.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 38
  • quarter panel patches 005.jpg
    quarter panel patches 005.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 51
  • quarter panel patches 002.jpg
    quarter panel patches 002.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 43

SteveR77

Loc.
Greenbrier,Arkansas
Your doing a great job!!! I'll be replacing alot of what you've done on my Bronco and now After watching your progress I have a good reference to refer to ,Thanks for posting all these pictures so I can see how to do it. Keep up the good work and the pictures coming.

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
thanks steve. I'm glad that it may help someone else, thats why I post so much. I also try to use it for self motivation. Everytime someone like yourself post a positive comment, it gets me all fired up again to do more work. So the motivation works both ways! ;D
thanks
Ben

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
well with T-ball starting up this weekend, the last day for signup yesterday, and today haveing to go thru the draft....yea I said draft in T-ball, crazy isnt it. Anyways, I have the draft this afternoon, but before all that I did manage to install my bed panel and grind a few welds.......heres the updated pics
Ben

Attachments

• bed panel install 007.jpg
    bed panel install 007.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 68
  • bed panel install 005.jpg
    bed panel install 005.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 54
  • bed panel install 004.jpg
    bed panel install 004.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 48
  • bed panel install 001.jpg
    bed panel install 001.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 45
  • bed panel install 003.jpg
    bed panel install 003.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 45
  • bed panel install 002.jpg
    bed panel install 002.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 47
  • bed panel install 006.jpg
    bed panel install 006.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
thanks fellas! I'll be ordering my wiring harness, and buying my paint, and probably my rear fuel tank soon. I'll have to reserve Weds.nights,Friday days, and maybe a lot on Saturdays and Sundays! I'll keep you posted. ;D

I should be bringin my bronco another ford friend to the fold friday! A 9N tractor.....pics to follow. I first thought it was a 8N but thru dennis carpenters site, I've found out its not its more than likely a 9N!
Ben

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
No progress to report yet, just wanted to update you guys on when I plan on starting back to work on my rig. Should be within the next month. Hopefully I'll have a few bucks then to get it blasted and painted and get all the little odds and ends finished up. I'm hoping to get it goin by end of summer or at least by my birthday in october. wish me luck.......

oh and I finally recieved both wiring harnesses from B.C.'s the chassis harness and EFI harness both are centech and Ryans...seem to be quality stuff.
thanks
Ben

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
Ben!! I was wondering where you've been! I understand the "no progress" thing. Spring and summer are very hard to find Bronco time in! Nice to know you're still acquiring parts though. That's my plan too. Spend the summer enjoying the weather and the winter in the garage. Good luck man!