• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I'm making some progress on Frank!

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
well the way I figured it was the media blaster is "Free" (actually this guys gonna blast the intire tub, for an exchange for some dirt car parts and an old body). So its basically free , plus hes gonna epoxy prime it with hardner. Hes also a buddy of mine :)(wont involve anymore cash)......I have a old buddy from back in my mustang days (Salters Auto Classics in Pace, Florida)and he and his son would blast the mustang bodys, epoxy prime them (and I'm talking shelbys as well) then do the bondo/fiberglass work on top of the epoxy primer............then after the body work, he would put regular primer (most times same color as which paint he was gonna use) on the whole body, which would also be used as kinda of a "fill and sand" deal. And his paint jobs came out "concours clean". I'm told since my bronco will be inside my shop, and I'm using the epoxy primer with hardner, that it will be fine (as far as moisture penetrating it or whathaveya). Untill I get the bodywork done and get the final primer and paint on it. And with it on this stand I'm building I will be able to get to every possible crack and crevis during the sandblasting,priming, body work and final paint. The biggest cost will be for right now immediatly:
1)body stand
2)paint (i already have the primer and reducer for it)
3)whatever sheet metal I need floor pans, etc. thing is, once I get it blasted and primed I can do one pan at a time if I have too! :)

opinons:?
Bronco Ben;D

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
ok guys I'm gonna go ahead and do what you guys suggested and put in the floor pans first.......I'll be ordering the floor pans this week, should I get the long passenger side and the drivers side or should I also get the part under the seats????

I also plan on getting the JBG bed replacement panel, but here is one of my questions, in the bulk head area, are those large screws that hold down the bulkhead usually in broncos that have a full top on it? also do you have to remove these large screws to take off the tub?

oh yea and almost forgot, what can i do about the area around the tailgate hinge area in this last photo?

thanks
Ben

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
yea JBG has did me right in the past so I probably will do business with them. I was just out looking at "frank" and I think I'll need the complete set (less the tunnel).Those pics that Monkey business posted with the rust bullet was very encouraging, and the roll on liner I liked as well.
When my dad passed away he left me with a little money so I plan on buying the floor pans this week and the bed panel. I'm not gonna just jump into anything to expensive but I'll at least install new floor pans, rocker panels, and the bed panel. From there I'll just have to see. This is something I've wanted for a long time, but I also still have to leave a little for hard times. If I can get my rusted panels replaced, and maybe some rust bullet or epoxy primer and the tub painted...........I can do the rest a little along!
Thanks
BEN

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
Ordering floor pans,rockers,bed panel,and door striker plate today! FINALLY!!!
Here are a few shot of the inner rockers, I dont think they need replacing, what do you guys think? Also here is a few shots of the tailgate rail, all four corners of the bed panel, and some of the floor damage I have. Some of these of the floor pans have been posted before but these are all new pics of the same area.....Not sure how long it will take to get in the floor panels, but will be doing some drilling this week. MY BIGGEST problem is locating all the spot welds for the rockers and corner bed panels, anyone with pics feel free to post. THanks
Ben

Attachments

• ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 65
  • FLOORPANS 012.jpg
    FLOORPANS 012.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 53
  • pc110054.jpg
    pc110054.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 62
  • FLOORPANS 010.jpg
    FLOORPANS 010.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 48
  • wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 49
  • bronco2.jpg
    bronco2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 53
  • dsc00379.jpg
    dsc00379.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 50
  • diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
here is the rest. Does anyone know if JBG has the complete rockers? I ve seen the particials but I probably need complete OEM style replacements!

This last shot is from the back fender/tire area to the front tire under the door. Inner rocker looks ok, but outter is in bad shape. Hopefully since I have you guys here on this board I can get the new rockers on and them look ok......I'm no body man, but they look kinda straight forward.
thanks
Ben

Attachments

• im000613.jpg
    im000613.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 44
  • winter beater.jpg
    winter beater.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 38
  • saddam_2.jpg
    saddam_2.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 26
  • mvc-045f.jpg
    mvc-045f.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 21
  • im000445.jpg
    im000445.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 21
  • orange bronco.jpg
    orange bronco.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 21
  • FLOORPANS 014.jpg
    FLOORPANS 014.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 35
  • orange chip.jpg
    orange chip.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 37

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
JBG does have the full rockers.I bought the partials and didnt like them so i ordered the full ones from JBG and they was real nice.They are made by dennis carpenter.Stamped with the original ford press.Fit like a glove.

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
thanks flash, I tried to view their catalog, but didnt notice it. The tailgate panel looks like it might be a bear as well. ........."Thank GOD" for classicbronco, forums is all I can say!
Ben

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
new twist to engine status. Located a 1991 GT mustang with engine (good running engine mileage unknown.......but, its complete except for the transmission, for $1000.00.........I know this guy pretty well and have done business with him many times in the past......gonna go look at it this afternoon. iF the body and all is in decent shape I'll probably go get it this coming friday. Sell off all the parts I dont need (rearend, body,wiring harness (still going with ryans),etc etc.......and use the engine and computer. Hopefully I can get my money back (most of it anyway) from the other parts I dont need, would be sweet to wind up getting the engine and computer for around $300-$400 dollors in the end.
Thanks
Ben

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
thanks for the link El Jefe, but I think i'm gonna go with a home build tub rotator (my version "bronco flipper") build from two HD engine stands! Gonna build a height section that is removable (that way I can still use the engine stands when I get thru with my bronco), and the cross section between the front legs removable as well. Gotta see about getting some casters this week, maybe harbor freight or somewhere.
ben

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
If you have a lowes hardware store close,they sell casters of all sizes.Walk in and walk out with them.without ordering them and having to wait.

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
here is my new engine, computer, donor! A 1991 Mustang GT.......my buddy still had 3 left and I talked em out of this one, for the same price it would have cost me for the explorer engine alone...... :D He bought it for the built C-4,shifter, and torque convertor. Its completely bone stock! Right down to the airbox and silencer in the inner fender.....wow!

man it almost looks to good to part out!....NOT!

Attachments

• dscn0127.jpg
    dscn0127.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 67
  • cn13f.jpg
    cn13f.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 43
  • extreme_motorcycle.jpg
    extreme_motorcycle.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 66
  • dsc00469.jpg
    dsc00469.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
Just ordered my floor pans,rockers,bed panel,pass door striker..... they were all in stock and they should all be here, (edited by Bronco Ben) Tuesday! 09-07-04..!
Ben

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
I ordered from Mark at Jeff's Bronco Graveyard! I've had good luck with em, ...When I get ready to order some other items I will "spread the love" around, and try different vendors, but all my sheetmetal came from Jeffs!

Yes I did find the full rockers.......and the four square panels at each corner of the bed called front/rear wheel housing extensions, and I also ordered those. The right side wheel housing extension were labeled correctly but the left side was wrong on the web site catalog, and once Mark and I figured it out, he says it will be corrected soon........Everything should be in by the latest Wedensday or Thursday....I forgot Monday is a holiday, so that in itself may cause a small delay.......more later
Ben ;)

Thanks Mark for helping me get everything I needed in a timely manner...

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Bronco Ben said:
Just ordered my floor pans,rockers,bed panel,pass door striker..... they were all in stock and they should all be here, monday 09-06-04..!
Ben

Who told you that lie ? Or do Southern people deliver on Labor day ? ;D