• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

In progress—- c4 deep pan install

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I dream of the day that I can open a box and the part just bolts on! Oh I forgot I own a bronco!

Installing bte deep pan, took off filter and original filter “style” looks better than the one in the kit. Original filter with tube is about 1” longer than bte replacement. Which should I use?

Second, bought a locking dipstick tube from our vendor. It’s nearly 6” shorter than my current one. Although I have a 1995 5.0??

Which filter? Thanks. I needed a break%)

CFD6EC8C-EB87-4D2D-A4CC-50588CBE9D94.jpg

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I have that same pan. The stock filter screen and pick up tube is too long for the pan to fit. The filter that comes with the BTE pan is too short and the trans will cavitate as soon as you try to climb a steep incline. I modified the stock pick up tube, just had to cut a little off the end and made sure there was still enough room for the pump to easily draw fluid. I would’ve bought the B&M pan if I’d had known this issue. Plus the B&M pan comes with a real filter, not just a screen.

Mark