• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

installing a governor on a c4

Deezel_dusten

Loc.
Walla Walla, Wa
The governor on the bronco has been bad for a long time. the new owner asked that i fix it prior to the trade. No problem. I picked up a new one, and tore the t-case off the bronco. the governor sits on the back, on the output shaft. here is my problem. It is orientated a specific way. there is a hole near the output that fluid flows through. there are two possible options on the governor to line up with this hole. which is correct?

Looking at the picture, to the bottom and left of the center hole where the ouputshaft goes, is what i assume lines up with the hole on the back of the tranny, am i correct?
IMG_2008.jpg

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
This pic will help.

I've been looking for a new governor also with no luck so far. Where did you find one?

Attachments

• governor.jpg
    governor.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 28

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Yes, the little wormtrack shaped like a teardrop lines up with the large hole in the "governor distributor", or support block. The large hole should also have a screen in it.

The governor on the bronco has been bad for a long time. the new owner asked that i fix it prior to the trade. No problem. I picked up a new one, and tore the t-case off the bronco. the governor sits on the back, on the output shaft. here is my problem. It is orientated a specific way. there is a hole near the output that fluid flows through. there are two possible options on the governor to line up with this hole. which is correct?

Looking at the picture, to the bottom and left of the center hole where the ouputshaft goes, is what i assume lines up with the hole on the back of the tranny, am i correct?
IMG_2008.jpg