• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Invitational Run @ Crozet, VA - Jan 20, 2008

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
Jeff, is this the hotel you'll be passing enroute?

Best Western
5920 Seminole Trl.
Ruckersville, VA 22968
Ph: (434) 985-1855

It's about 2.5miles from where I live in Barboursville.. I want to attend Crozet , but rig not trail ready.. I've asked to ride shotgun w/ Jeff, but may have to have plan "B" option thou he may have a full rig .

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
IT'S ON NOW GIRLS! This invitational trail run is gaining support within the club and we now have trail leaders for the truely hardcore. From Dave, RCPFA Interim President, "I can do a Black/High Black/Red group. Just make sure they have trailers and don't mind body damage." ;D

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Chuck are you going to be in Richmond also? If so, are you bringing your rig to Hooters? I want to get a closeup on it before you are busy on the 20th.

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey guys, check the second post in this thread and let me know what trails you want to run so we can get a better idea. I've also added a list of RCPFA members scheduled to attend the invitational.

Jeff, I put you and Ritchie down for Upper Blues/Low Blacks. Chuck, I put you down for the same. I can see you girls are gonna force me to up the ante. :mad:

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
What else you gonna do? cut fenders,bigger tires,rock sliders....c'mon;D

Oh, so it's like that! Well I guess I'm gonna have to go on whatever trails you go out on, somebody's gonna have to bring your ass back when your trash breaks again! ;D It's on now sucker! You drew first blood! ;) Between your front axles snapping like twigs and my 260 joints aching for a breaking, we'll see who goes further. Now watch us both break down on a Low Blue. You may have just cursed us! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
I'll do Blues + Blacks. ;D

I put you down for Upper Blues/Blacks. Didn't want to short change you by putting Low Blacks. Looks like you have a very capable rig. ;)
4-wheelin-011.jpg

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
The way Crozet is laid out, we should be able to see just about everything in a day with the group size we should have and hopefully a low amount of breakage.

broncomania

Loc.
nc
im not a member of any groups. however i would love to attend for some hard core wheeling and make some new friends. i would need to get a hotel.
also depends on the weather. i have no roof,doors,or cab . so it could be very cold. i would be riding whatever trails consist of body damage and roll overs. thanks.
my rig:
img_1443.jpg

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
im not a member of any groups. however i would love to attend for some hard core wheeling and make some new friends. i would need to get a hotel.
also depends on the weather. i have no roof,doors,or cab . so it could be very cold. i would be riding whatever trails consist of body damage and roll overs. thanks.

It's about time! I was wondering if you were gonna be in or not. You don't need to be a member. Forget the weather, I'll run topless and doorless if it'll make you feel better. You can stay at my house or shack up with Chuck for all I care. No excuses here my friend. I'm putting you down for Blacks & Reds.

broncomania

Loc.
nc
It's about time! I was wondering if you were gonna be in or not. You don't need to be a member. Forget the weather, I'll run topless and doorless if it'll make you feel better. I'm putting you down for Blacks & Reds.

thanks. do you have an exact address for this place ?
ill be sure and bring extra driveshafts. ;D
good to see slim will be joining in.

broncomania

Loc.
nc
from my house to holiday inn :
4: Merge onto US-220 N. 9.3 miles Map

5: Merge onto I-85 BR N / US-29 N / US-70 E via EXIT 79A toward I-40 E / BURLINGTON. 3.5 miles Map

6: Merge onto US-29 N via EXIT 39 toward REIDSVILLE. 40.2 miles Map

7: Merge onto US-29 N toward LYNCHBURG / SOUTH BOSTON (Crossing into VIRGINIA). 68.1 miles Map

8: Merge onto US-29 N / US-460 E toward CHARLOTTESVILLE / APPOMATTOX / LIBERTY UNIVERSITY. 6.5 miles Map

9: Merge onto US-29 N toward AMHERST / CHARLOTTESVILLE. 63.7 miles Map

10: Take the BARRACKS ROAD / VA-654 exit. 0.2 miles Map

11: Turn LEFT onto BARRACKS RD. 1.0 miles Map

12: Turn RIGHT onto MONTVUE DR. 0.4 miles Map

There are .25 miles between your ending location and the end of your driving directions. Use maps to get from your ending location to the end of your route.
13: End at Charlottesville, VA 22901, US Map

Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 26 minutes Total Est. Distance: 194.79 miles

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Last edited:

partsflyin

my rig:
QUOTE]

Thats what I'm talkin about!! See ya there Mike!!