• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is it advisable to do a 1000 mile+ journey on the EB?

THE_74BEAST

Loc.
Central, FL
Before embarking I'd have all fulids changed (don't forget the diff oil) and I'd have wheel bearings repacked, perhaps even replaced - their not expensive.
As some of the others have suggested - spare belts, fuel filter, fuilds, fuses, bulbs, tape, rope and ear plugs (don't remember who suggested that, but very good suggestion)

May want to take these items:
blaster003%20027.jpg

29-tire_repair_kit-l.jpg

90p.jpg

first_aid_kit.jpg

That is a very nice looking ride. I envy you!!!
Enjoy, and please take many pictures to record and share your journey!!!!!

2b1ask1

Loc.
oklahoma
Dont forget plenty of bottled water and a way to keep it cool... It's hot as hell around here...

hartbronco

Loc.
Powell River B.C Can
Before embarking I'd have all fulids changed (don't forget the diff oil) and I'd have wheel bearings repacked, perhaps even replaced - their not expensive.
As some of the others have suggested - spare belts, fuel filter, fuilds, fuses, bulbs, tape, rope and ear plugs (don't remember who suggested that, but very good suggestion)

May want to take these items:
blaster003%20027.jpg

29-tire_repair_kit-l.jpg

90p.jpg

first_aid_kit.jpg

That is a very nice looking ride. I envy you!!!
Enjoy, and please take many pictures to record and share your journey!!!!!
... X2 I would go for it to!!!!! 1200 ml thats a walk in the park..... what did thay do in the old days walk ?? drive it . The new cars and trucks brake down to , so just go for it . She looks like a very nice and clean ride, enjoy your drive .

LiveFromNY

Loc.
Austin, TX
I'd do it in a second. I just bought mine this evening and it's 1,700 miles away. If I remotely had the time, I'd do the same thing.

So go for it and make me forever jealous.

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
All is set and done. Everything from insurance to tools. Im landing in Little rock at 1024AM on Wednesday. The trip finally begins. I wish it were Wednesday already.

I have the camera ready and the computer is all set. Ill be connected to the net the entire time via the ipad. Hopefully the connection quality allows me to upload lots of picks.

Thanks so much for the motivation and all the contacts for the trip. Ill start a thread on that right now.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Cool...going to start a new thread about the trip of keep it on this one?

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I drove mine from Michigan to Maine. Spent a week in Michigan with my brothers in the garage with more than a few beers!

Drove it to 60 miles to JBG, lost the alternator when we got back to town. Pulled it inside and installed new Deaver springs, alternator, cap/rotor, and belts. Changed the fluids and checked the bearings.

I travels back to Maine with an extra 5 gallon gas can (full), a well stocked tool bag, GPS and a cell phone. Stopped every 100 miles for gas and spent the night at a Holiday Inn Express somewhere around Syracuse.

The only thing I did not bring was a camera...wish I did!

Encountered zero issues and lots of thumbs up along the route!

Moral of the story: Proper planning! You're doing all of that so enjoy your new ride and post photos of your trip.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
My friend bought his in Nevada while he was back visiting his mom, and drove it from Genoa, NV to Flint, MI after owning it for 1 week total mileage was 2200+ miles.......with 4.11 gears and 235/75R15 tires. (Think high revs) Took a long time, but he made it through. As stated before - bring a good set of tools, some hose clamps, duct tape and some emergency fluids (oil & water) just in case.

Have a blast (Nice truck BTW)

66horse

Bronco Guru
Have a great time man! I am jealous. Nothing like a good road trip!

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Dude you are going to have a blast. I wouldn't worry about a thing. If something brakes just fix it and keep going. Do keep us posted so we can all be jealous.

G

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Make sure you keep track of how many offers you get to buy your Bronco and how much. My buddy drove mine cross country for me he got 5 offers and the highest one was $2400.00 more than I paid for it.