• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is there any interest in a mass buy on Advance Adapters?

Brewbro21

Hey Popp75sport what is Kincades business name? I can't get a hold of him? Yes he has gave some pretty good prices/deals.

Kincade

Kincade, upload those photos to the photo gallery here at Classicbroncos.com. Click on the "new photo gallery" link at the upper left corner of this page, then about 3/4 up on the page you'll see an "upload photos" link.

PLEASE do NOT sell your bronco. You will regret it the day you do it...Look at the work you put into it.

Mark - I'll try to get some up this weekend. Unfortunately, I don't know if I will have a choice; I need to get out from under this credit card debt, and I don't see any other way. Business has been slow for far too long.

It'll suck though; I have +/- $35k into it, and I can probably only get $17k out of it. Oh well.

I need a AOD/d20 adapter

Rick - PM or email me, and I'll get you pricing.

Kincade,

Can you also provide "special" pricing on the wide band a/f meter your sig file links??

Thanks

Of course! PM or email me, I'll get you more info.

I Got my AOD adaptor from kincade about a year ago. dont have it in yet but he was by far the best deal..

Wow, still not in! That's gotta drive you crazy!

Hey Popp75sport what is Kincades business name? I can't get a hold of him? Yes he has gave some pretty good prices/deals.

It's Darkhorse Automotive LLC. Sorry I haven't been reachable; for some reason, classicbroncos doesn't always tell me when I have PM's or new posts to threads.

OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Boys I am also looking into a deal with Randy Wood @ Adventurous as well. Not to say that Kincade's deal is not a good one. Just looking for the best deal. Anybody else need anything?

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
evil69 said:
Boys I am also looking into a deal with Randy Wood @ Adventurous as well. Not to say that Kincade's deal is not a good one. Just looking for the best deal. Anybody else need anything?

Evil69, being you asked. Check and see if Randy is still honoring his discount on the Ron Francis wiring harness. I am still deciding which way to go, "Centech or RF"

The deal Kincade has offered on the Adapter will be hard to beat, you may save a bit more on shipping if your on the East coast. good luck.

Brewbro21

Kincade that sucks about selling your rig. That's the problem with dumping all this money into it, you'll never get it all back out of it. I guess that's why you just keep it and build it the exact way you want it.

Brewbro21

Hey Evil69, I'm kind of anxious, what do you think Randy would say? Kincade has given me a very nice deal on the NV 3550 conversion kit and I don't know how long I can keep that money in my hands. It burns a hole right through em.

OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Brewbro, he told me he would let me know by the end of today. I maybe locked up the rest of the afternoon. I know that deal is nice. All of the stuff is drop shipped from Advace anyways. So looks like i get screwed once again on shipping. Why do all great part places have to be on the west coast!? They must love the high overhead. I am getting all worked up as well.

Texas-- Hhmmm. I was going to buy that as well. Never found the funds at the time. I will ask.

Kincade

Just to give a heads up; And to avoid any uncomfortable situations... I have 2 things I'd like to quickly talk about.

First, although the situation rarely arises, I feel very uncomfortable shopping prices against Randy @ Adventurous, Chuck at BC, or other independent 1-man shops and vendors. I personally think that the "little guys" like us get pricematched against each other too much; and our margins are so slim that anything less is essentially cost or lower. All of us have families to support and food to put on the table, and times are hardly prosperous right now. I don't want to undercut ANY of these small shops.

Secondly; and I've mentioned this before. The reason I don't like 'group purchases' in general is that the prices I (or someone else) give often gets either posted on the internet, on an email list, or told to another vendor in hopes that they'll beat it. As many of you know, most large companies set up pricing structures and do not allow advertising of prices less than MSRP. And with some, even selling it under a certain price point is either strongly discouraged, or absolutely prohibited. Companies like Advanced, Vortech, Paxton, Innovate Motorsports, etc, all have similar agreements.

So, I don't mind beating and matching against the big boys. But when it comes to the little guys, if you don't buy from me I'd just ask that you "keep it in the bronco family" so to speak... ;D

Lastly, I would strongly caution you all to make sure the pricing given by myself and other vendors does not go any farther. It only takes 1 post/phone call/or email to ruin a good thing for everyone. And manufacturers can, have done, and will put a rapid stop to GP's if they feel that it is violating their agreements with the retailers.

Hope this makes sense and doesn't come across as being difficult. I've just had a lot of experience with GP's, especially in the mustang realm, and it can get hairy very quickly.

For the admins, I would strongly recommend adopting some 'rules' for group purchases. The following would be my suggestions:

-The organizer or GP participants NEVER posts prices in public or forward any pricelists they have received. Those interested must E-mail or PM directly.

-GP participants or organizers NEVER call other sources or shops to see if they will price match the GP

Failure to follow at least these minor rules can result in a GP being shut down by a manufacturer or distributor .

The deal Kincade has offered on the Adapter will be hard to beat, you may save a bit more on shipping if your on the East coast. good luck.

FWIW, most of the distributors dropship from AA in california anyway; this is especially true of Atlas', which are built to order. So the shipping is usually the same regardless of the seller.

Kincade that sucks about selling your rig. That's the problem with dumping all this money into it, you'll never get it all back out of it. I guess that's why you just keep it and build it the exact way you want it.

Thanks for the support. I never thought I'd HAVE to sell it; I built it to keep for a lifetime. There are a LOT of things I would not have done if it was going to be sold.

Why do all great part places have to be on the west coast!?

LOL; mostly because California has an economy larger than most countries!

OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Whoa there. Chill out man. I haven't forwarded anything. I am only looking for the best deal. I personally deal with price shopping everyday (did you only check one place when you bought your house?) Yeah, I know it isn't cool, but I contacted Randy a while back as well. Looks like you've posted a handful of times and popup to sell. I am not trying to bash you, but I am a bad guy for calling more than one place? Everybody is buying by themselves, so it is not a mass buy.

""""To clarify; I'd rather give you all "mass buy pricing" and deal with each person direct, than to try to co-ordinate everything through one person (no offense to that individual). This insures each persons order gets paid attention to, and nothing will slip through the cracks"""

Just like when I buy anything, I look around sorry man. You are not out yet, just looking.

Kincade

evil69 said:
Whoa there. Chill out man. I haven't forwarded anything. I am only looking for the best deal. I personally deal with price shopping everyday (did you only check one place when you bought your house?) Yeah, I know it isn't cool, but I contacted Randy a while back as well. Looks like you've posted a handful of times and popup to sell. I am not trying to bash you, but I am a bad guy for calling more than one place? Everybody is buying by themselves, so it is not a mass buy.

""""To clarify; I'd rather give you all "mass buy pricing" and deal with each person direct, than to try to co-ordinate everything through one person (no offense to that individual). This insures each persons order gets paid attention to, and nothing will slip through the cracks"""

Just like when I buy anything, I look around sorry man. You are not out yet, just looking.

Dangit ; I'm NOT criticizing you in any way. And yes, it is OK that you contacted randy; you SHOULD look around. You have nothing to apologize for. I didn't post it in reference to anyone in particular.

To reiterate, I was trying to avoid a situation BEFORE it could arise. I was simply offering my view about this type of transaction. I've seen it happen time and time again, and I don't want it to happen here. It was NOT an effort to stay "in" the sale; but rather to be supportive of this community in large and "keep it clean."

Maybe I should not have said anything? But most large forums have GP rules (corral, stangnet, f-body forums, etc) to make sure no situations arise. I've never seen it discussed here, and it seemed to be as good of a time as any to bring it up.

In regards to the pricematching, I was merely saying I don't like to undercut the other "little guys" like myself. That's all.

Lastly; about posting a handful of times. I've been around on the EBML (the first Early Bronco mail list) since about 1 year after its inception, and I think at last tally I was around #15 highest all time poster. I've been selling to the broncofix and EBML lists for several years now, and try to give as much back to the community as they have given to me over the years. You are welcome to search the archives for posts by me; I assure you I am not here just to sell. I simply just don't have time in the day to hit every BB as well as go through the 3-400 emails I get every day, get work done, and return all the phone calls. I hope you understand. The last thing in the world I want to be seen as is a money grubbing snob.

This all seems to have taken a step in the wrong direction after the last post. I certainly didn't mean for anything to be offensive; I guess things come out differently written that is intended sometimes. I hope my intent is more clear now. ?:?

OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Hey no offense taken. I have contacted about ten different places the last month or so looking for myself. Both of you guys have by far given the quickest response and best price. I personally contacted Randy on the fact that he was the vendor on the STC top buy and RF kit and I was pleased with the outcome. I think a few folks bought the A.A. from him at that time. Randy told me the same thing you did. No mass buy or posting the price. I must also apologize for my post, I did take your post the wrong way and I can be a hothead. %) About the posting; I felt I was getting run through the ringer for looking around and found the easiest thing to point out that I could. No hard feelings? :-*

Kincade

No hard feelings at all; Looking back at the post, it probably came out the wrong way, and it sounded a bit arrogant. Sorry for the feeling of critisism, it certainly was not intended that way.

Let me know what you want to do; either way you can't lose - Randy is a class act.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I'm a little late seeing this post, but actually I'm glad because now everyone seems to be on the same page.

Evil69, I don't think Kincade was saying not to shop around. I think he was cautioning against using one vendors mass buy price to leverage other vendors. If you call 3 vendors just ask what their best price is. Don't say, "well vendor A said they would give us this price, so can you beat it?"

I can vouch that Kincade has been around the Bronco 'net for a long time and I definitely welcome his comments and experience.

Kincade, thanks for your suggestions on creating rules for mass buys. It's on my list, but I just haven't done it yet. It seems in the last 6 months or so the number of mass buys has really taken off, so setting up guidelines is becoming more important.

As for the public pricing, most of our mass buys haven't had this restriction. Most are either directly from the manufacturer or from the shop that coordinates the manufacturing. I know that with large companies it's a problem. We just haven't run into it much yet.

Anyway, I'm not really sure which direction this particular mass buy is going at the moment. Evil69 would you contact me and let me know where it stands? Thanks!

Kincade

Thanks Jon; I think it came out a little wrong or bossy; but I certainly wasn't trying to sound that way.

GREAT job to you on the site; it sure has evolved over the years, and it's always been the first place I send new bronco owners for information. You deserve an award for all the time and work you've put into this! I don't think many realize how long this site has been around...