• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

i've been taking some razzing for my rim/tire selection

cldonley

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
x2 on un-rubbered. Looks like someone stole your tires and put those on instead of leaving it on blocks. The wheels are ok. Put some meats on there and let 'em rub. Please.

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
well i've been trying to find something nice to say so here it is..............i like the bronco and it looks like there's been a lot of work done there. I just dont like it from the roll pans down. I can definitely believe that youve been taking a razzing.

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Sorry, Nope, me neither. Don't like.

30x9 (truck tires) will fit with no lift and Uncut fenders.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Ummm..Not really digging that look. I honestly thought that it was a photoshop job when I first looked at the pic. That being said, its your rig so if YOU like it who cares what we all think? FYI, I run 31 x 10.50 BFG's on my uncut without lift. I don't have any rubbing issues but that one is on the pavement 90% of the time.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I have the same rims, minus the black, but I did something a little more conventional:

IMG_1994_800_600.JPG

I can be open minded, but you don't have the custom rod look going on, and lost all the natural off road appeal, you got to go one way or the other. You kind of have a bastard child look going on right now, it don't really fit in anywhere. You have potential there, don't let these guys fool you those rims can look pretty good, just wrap some different meats around them.

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
first time i floored it, back end squatted down and rubbed the tires pretty good.
i asked for some opinions on here but never got much. rolled with it.....

It looks like your tires are to wide with the 8" rim and what ever rubber you have on there. If you go to a thinner tire you wont rub when you take off. The rims are fine as I have the all silver set in my garage. Good luck and your rig looks good.

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
I have no words....speechless kinda like I get when I see one of those Impalas or Regals with 24in rims....

I agree with airmapper the rims are fine, it's those tires....

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
That's the man equivalent of saying "does my butt look big in this dress"?

Answer: yes your butt looks big go change the dress

croft75

looks like those rims have too much back spacing thats whats probably causing the rubbing , an option may be to have the inner lip on the fender rolled in to give you more clearance.
rims aren't terrible but the tires look like there off a small car