• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

K-9 Safety

MikeM

Loc.
No Cal
welndmn said:
When you walk your dog in the park and it poops, what do you do? leave it?
Same thing to me in way, it was not there until I put it there (by bringing my dog) so I remove it.
What park? The kids park down the street? It goes in the garbage can so nobody steps in it. Or a park like the BFE backside of Diablo? Kick it off the trail into a bush and call it good. Which is way more than the horseriders do and don't get me started about the cows lower down the mountain. I'm not trying to be an ass ( I know hard to believe). I'm looking for a safety or enviro reason this needs to be done cause I'm old school and I don't get all this talk about dog poop and me being irresponsible.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
Jeepster said:
If a bear shits in the woods................;D

:eek:

ha ha ;)

not to totally hijack the post but always wondered... say jeepster, do you own more jeeps or broncos? lol 2nd part of the question... of YOUR rigs, what is the mots trail worthy (all cans O'worms aside)?

In all honesty I've always liked the old camando's or what ever they are called.

thx/sry

:cool:

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Slick said:
:eek:

ha ha ;)

not to totally hijack the post but always wondered... say jeepster, do you own more jeeps or broncos? lol 2nd part of the question... of YOUR rigs, what is the mots trail worthy (all cans O'worms aside)?

In all honesty I've always liked the old camando's or what ever they are called.

thx/sry

:cool:

I wonder if this should be part of the "Is it a sin thread"?
for I am a sinner......:eek: %) :p :p

I have 2 jeep Wranglers (91/93) and the 76 Bronco.(not to mention a 89 Bronco ll and 93 s-10 blazer (I'm not brand loyal))%) Trail worthy depends on you definition of trail. Around here a trail is woods/mud/farmland. Nothing really hard and certainly with no huge rocks. The jeeps are not bad. They do the job and are adequate for what I put them through, but the Bronco definitely is set-up better.

Yes I think Commandos (68/69) are cool.

Dan

ctowery

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wellington Nevada
MikeM said:
I'd like to hear what the rationale is for packing out animal waste. Human waste needs to get buried or packed out becasue of disease and becasue tp takes a lot longer to decompose. If my dog craps on the trail or near a campsite then it gets moved. Please enlighten me as to what my dog waste is threatening. I don't like horses and cows crapping all over place but I'm not starting a crusade to get their owners to pack it out based on my dislike.
thanks

You said it. Its Your dog waste and if you like fine but I dont want to smell it or whip it off my feet or rig, and if you thing that its free of disease and decomposes quicker ...well take a biology class. Do I like horse or cow crap no! but its 90% grass...there is a difference:-*

cary

blu72

Loc.
Forney, Tx
ctowery said:
You said it. Its Your dog waste and if you like fine but I dont want to smell it or whip it off my feet or rig, and if you thing that its free of disease and decomposes quicker ...well take a biology class. Do I like horse or cow crap no! but its 90% grass...there is a difference:-*

cary

sounds like you should probably stay out of the woods my friend, because there is all kinds of animal crap in there: wolves, coyotes, bear,mountain lions, sasquatch...

also horse and cow crap may be 90% grass but most dog food is 90% grain whats the difference?

Not to mention if you are walking in the wilderness and not looking where you are placing your feet you may step on something a lot worse than dog crap...

I guess the California mentality has spread to Nevada...thats a shame, won't be long till all the Nevada trails get closed there too...

mtnbiker2010

Loc.
Grand Rapids MI
It doesn't seem like any particular "mentality" as much as it just seems like common courtesy to clean up after a dog. No need adding to all the crap that is already in the woods. Also most animals are not going to be crapping right around areas where humans congregate as dogs will since they are out there with the humans.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
MikeM said:
What park? The kids park down the street? It goes in the garbage can so nobody steps in it. .
whats the difference between that and a trail then?

MikeM

Loc.
No Cal
welndmn said:
whats the difference between that and a trail then?
At a the city park just about every square inch is likely to have foot traffic. That's not the case where I wheel or mtn bike with my dogs. So if your tramping around in the bushes out there and not looking where your stepping you might get a reminder of why you shouldn't tramping around in the bushes in the first place. ;D
Tell ya what, next time you see me out there, if you can find one of my dogs turds I haul out your whole group's stool sampler.
Cary let's go wheeling, I'll leave the dogs at home, really. It's no big deal. But I have to warn you my kids pee, a lot.

OP
OP
nightmare74

nightmare74

Loc.
Scottsdale
Wow.

Didn't know that my question related to keeping my dogs in the vehicle while in traffic would turn into a talk on the intricate details...and ingredients...of DOG S**T!!!! ;D

If anyone else has a unique idea of how to keep their dogs in the back of an EB, either on the trail or off, much appreciated. Furthermore, if anyone has any recommendations on an environmentally friendly food, I am sure that others on this thread would have great interest.

May your shoes be forever clean of poo!!!:-X