• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kill Switch/antitheft

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Theft

I have an old neighbor of mine that has an old ch##y truck. He has a wire from the spark plugs- 2 of them he stuck them through the old cloth seat about 1/2 inch and spread out the wire's. You don't even notice them when you sit down,but you fire it up and it light's your a#$ up. Believe me it work's he did it to me. HA! HA! He has to raise the hood to hook and unhook but it work's.

marc

Loc.
milwaukie,or.
I have an old neighbor of mine that has an old ch##y truck. He has a wire from the spark plugs- 2 of them he stuck them through the old cloth seat about 1/2 inch and spread out the wire's. You don't even notice them when you sit down,but you fire it up and it light's your a#$ up. Believe me it work's he did it to me. HA! HA! He has to raise the hood to hook and unhook but it work's.

i like that idea, if they try to sue , coud'nt just say the heated seat mysteriously shorted out.:eek:

marc

OP
OP
turtle

turtle

Loc.
Louisville, KY
I think broncow72 has the best plan. thanks for all the input.

4X4babygirl: It was stolen in west knoxville in the 'suburbs'. My rig is sitting in north knoxville with all the homeless and crackheads. Need to get something figured out.

67horse

Loc.
Riverside CA
how about a battery key I know the ones that are sold at kragen its easy to get a key for but theres got to be something out there that will work set it up just like a killswitch but have it on a key so that even if they find it they still cant start it without the other key thats what my buddy has on his datsun 510

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Isn't having a Datsun 510 enough 'antitheft'? Sorry I couldn't help myself.

I used to keep my rig in a constant state of dissassembly, seemed to work. Now that it's driven almost daily, I guess I need to rethink my strategy.

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Anybody check out the battery shut off by Painless, The push button could be mounted inside any locking Tuffy product or hidden. The price from Summit is $158, but if it saves your rig and your time investment......

Any opinions on this set up?

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
a friend of mine told me that a nice capacitor that charges when the vehicle is running and keeps the charge until it has been discharged works wonders... they used to put small ones in each others metal lunch boxes at work...

Frankly... if someone other than somebody with a key is in my Bronco... it's fair game as far as thieves are concerned... lawsuits be damned.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
4X4babygirl: It was stolen in west knoxville in the 'suburbs'. My rig is sitting in north knoxville with all the homeless and crackheads. Need to get something figured out.

I live in Karns. What part of West Knox was it stolen from?

I think I've seen your Bronco parked outside of the bike shop on Broadway maybe?