• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Koenig PTO Winch complete Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
It absolutely matters. The 6 and 8 cylinder versions have different driveshaft setups and are not interchangeable.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
It absolutely matters. The 6 and 8 cylinder versions have different driveshaft setups and are not interchangeable.

What differs? The difference in the 6cyl and V8 driveline is in the length of the adapter housing and transmission, right? The D20 and location in either is the same.

Is there a difference in the PTO drive shaft for oil pan clearance or something?

Last edited:

Dave K.

Is this an auction or a sale thread? I'm interested but need a price.

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
What differs? The difference in the 6cyl and V8 driveline is in the length of the adapter housing and transmission, right? The D20 and location in either is the same.

Is there a difference in the PTO drive shaft for oil pan clearance or something?

I know that the mid support and how it is mounted for the drive shaft is different from V8 to 6.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
It is different because of the passenger side motor mount location difference between the I6 and V8.

OP
OP
G

gtstang03

Loc.
redding, ca
Here is some of the original info i found for v6-v8 version

SPEC_PG2.jpg

broncofjg

Are the shift levers between the V8 and I6 different? are the shift lever brackets different? Does the lever bracket mount to the back tranny?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Looking at the above diagram, it does show different shifter mounts. I'd never noticed that before.

It does make sense though, since the mount to different intermediate housings which have slightly different lengths.

It appears the brackets are somewhat reversed to compensate for the difference in lengths so the shifter ends up in the same location through the floor.

Hotfeet

The bronco I just bought has one on it. How much is a winch like it worth? I personally think it's a cool design but this bronco will be for sale soon I am curious about its value. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 56

broncorick

This bracket is different depending on if it is a V8 or I6. I have actually reproduced both styles as well as the shifting lever, either the short of long version. In the process of documenting and reproducing the different carrying bearing bracket as well. You can see in the picture above that the bracket position varies, and this is the V8 bracket in the above photo

Status
Not open for further replies.