• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Latest New Bronco Scuttlebutt

brandenpro

Loc.
Salem, OR
I sure hope they take the line of thinking they had when they finally "fixed" the Mustang. New car with classic styling.

I see a ton of Jeeps and Tacomas on the streets so it sure seems to me that there is a market for a 4 door ranger and 2/4 door Bronco. I bought a Tacoma only because Ford doesnt make a 4 door Ranger unless you count the butt ugly Explorer Sport Trac.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The big problem I have with it is that it will most likely be a four door, which means that it will really be just another generic SUV/CUV.

People say that a two door will not sell, so tell me:
What year did they stop making the Mustang?
It was only a two door, and they don't sell.
What year did the four door Mustang come out?

The Bronco was meant to be a four wheel drive comparable to the Mustang.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If the new Bronco isn't 4x4, solid axle, 2 or 4 door and small it won't really compete with Jeep and they may as well not build it.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
There are no current model Rangers sold in Canada. Not through Ford at least. Somebody my have somehow imported one from overseas, but its not a Canadian vehicle. Could be some sort of test mule I suppose as well.

As for the new Bronco, I'm thinking it will likely be closer to the Everest sold in other parts, which is a body on frame SUV that shares its platform with the global Ranger. Its supposedly a fairly rugged vehicle, but not what most Bronco enthusiast are hoping for. Hopefully I'm wrong and they build a kickass SUV with offroad ability, good looks and a removable top to compete directly with the JK, but I have my doubts at this point.

[/QUOTE

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2016-ford-ranger-raptor-performance-specs-pictures/

Couldn't find the Canadian Ranger link, but this is what it looked like.

It looks like it is based on that Everest suv.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
There are no current model Rangers sold in Canada. Not through Ford at least. Somebody my have somehow imported one from overseas, but its not a Canadian vehicle. Could be some sort of test mule I suppose as well.

As for the new Bronco, I'm thinking it will likely be closer to the Everest sold in other parts, which is a body on frame SUV that shares its platform with the global Ranger. Its supposedly a fairly rugged vehicle, but not what most Bronco enthusiast are hoping for. Hopefully I'm wrong and they build a kickass SUV with offroad ability, good looks and a removable top to compete directly with the JK, but I have my doubts at this point.

[/QUOTE

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2016-ford-ranger-raptor-performance-specs-pictures/

Couldn't find the Canadian Ranger link, but this is what it looked like.

It looks like it is based on that Everest suv.

That looks a lot like the Explorer Sport Trac though too.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The bottomline is that Ford is the only American manufacturer that has a vehicle in its history that would make a JK fighter if brought back as a retro-modern incarnation. Folks want a tough trail-ready (appearing) vehicle with a deep heritage. The Hummer thing did not do it, maybe because there was no real historical basis. But then the depressing thing is that Toyota couldn't do it either. So how Heep can do it is a big question. Plenty of Ford folks would love to have a real trail-ready Bronco in modern trim.

On a side note, the last time this exercise went through the process, the peculiar Ford Flex emerged, which looks a lot like a aerodynamicized early Bronco without the off road part. We can only hope that the whole speculative thing is a result of some Ford executives getting tired of seeing the ubiquitous JKs and wondering the same thing we are.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
It's all conjecture at this point. We don't really know anything. What we do know is 1. Car companies sell to the masses, meaning little in the way of "Unique" or cutting edge. 2. Ford knows, I think, not to wreck a historical legacy, something I hope they learned from the Mustang.

Reality will probably be somewhere in the middle. So long as it's not a cookie cutter SUV /CUV, and as long as it has some power and off-road ability, I would buy one.

Part of what killed an FJ legacy is that it required premium gasoline.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I have never put premium in either one of the FJ's we have owned. Wife daily drives a 2012 now.

I think that the FJ is a pretty cool and almost bought one when they first came out but it really isn't an FJ to me. I has cues to the FJ but the fact that it doesn't have the full removable top makes it miss the mark. However, it is still a cool truck and sad that Toyota is not continuing with it. Maybe they are redesigning it to make it more retro! ;D

I think that if Ford does come out with a new Bronco and it doesn't have a fully removable hard top then they to will have missed the mark and failed. Ford has the BIG SUV Market covered and they don't need another BIG Bronco. If They do it, has to be similar in size to the original Bronco with a fully removable top, solid axles, manual transfer case and tranny options and built on a frame. Also keep the price resonable and build it with so that it is easy for the aftermarket to work with to build up a network of parts to modify and improve them like the Jeep guys have!

Like we all know already, if they play their hand right it will be a GRAND SLAM! However, if not it will be just another SUV in the lineup that will start strong and fizzle down the road. Its really up to FORD! Personally, I think that they are gonna screw it up but I really hope that I am wrong!

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
If They do it, has to be similar in size to the original Bronco with a fully removable top, solid axles, manual transfer case and tranny options and built on a frame. Also keep the price resonable...

Anything else you want with that? :eek: JK Not sure why everyone is saying it has to have all these things. So basically if they don't build a 70s Bronco in 2019, then you're not interested? The F150s trucks today are nothing similar to what they built in the 70s and thank goodness. The Mustangs aren't either except styling cues. Manual tranny anthing is almost extincted from all vehicles now.

I would love for Ford to please us with this throw back Bronco but I think being realistic about safety standards, design evolution, and a very competitive global automotive market is more likely. I'm not saying it's going to be an Explorer, but don't get your hopes up if it's not a JK with the 2004 concept body on it. As long as Ford gets it mostly right and it feels and looks like a Bronco then I'm buying. BTW that 2004 concept Bronco is ugly... it may have been exciting in 2004 but that was over a decade ago..

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Anything else you want with that? :eek: JK Not sure why everyone is saying it has to have all these things. So basically if they don't build a 70s Bronco in 2019, then you're not interested? The F150s trucks today are nothing similar to what they built in the 70s and thank goodness. The Mustangs aren't either except styling cues. Manual tranny anthing is almost extincted from all vehicles now.

I would love for Ford to please us with this throw back Bronco but I think being realistic about safety standards, design evolution, and a very competitive global automotive market is more likely. I'm not saying it's going to be an Explorer, but don't get your hopes up if it's not a JK with the 2004 concept body on it. As long as Ford gets it mostly right and it feels and looks like a Bronco then I'm buying. BTW that 2004 concept Bronco is ugly... it may have been exciting in 2004 but that was over a decade ago..

What I expect it to be is like a cross between an Escape and an Explorer, a plush-mobile with all the bling and amenities possible, not anything truly off-road capable.

To most SUV buyers 'off-road' means a gravel driveway.

sriha

I sure hope they take the line of thinking they had when they finally "fixed" the Mustang. New car with classic styling.

I see a ton of Jeeps and Tacomas on the streets so it sure seems to me that there is a market for a 4 door ranger and 2/4 door Bronco. I bought a Tacoma only because Ford doesnt make a 4 door Ranger unless you count the butt ugly Explorer Sport Trac.

I saw a 4 door Ranger in Aruba last week, who knows if they will be sold here though. There were a lot of 4 door small pickups even from the late 80's early 90's on the island. There were a lot of vehicles that would be great in the states but not sold here. %)

broncoitis

Bronco Guru

Yeah, if it doesn't have styling that works off of the original design then no I really am not interested. The big broncos are OK but there is just something about the original that it just better. As for all the safety, I absolutely want that in the truck. I just want something that is going to be resonably priced. I have heard starting prices of potentially 40k and I think if that is true then Ford is just being GREEDY like most businesses today. As for the concept in 2004, I thought it was kinda ugly as well but it had potential and at least they were on the right track in terms of the styling direction. If it is similar to what they have done with the mustang AWESOME. No complaints here but if they build another BIG BRONCO similar to the F150 with a top FORD can keep it and I think alot of others on here feel the same way! A guy can dream can't he????? ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
they could please most .... just built this w. some windshield wipers

maxresdefault.jpg

Totally agree brother..

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Look, let's just cut to the chase here. All Ford needs to do is build a JK without the stupid Heep fenders and grill and with Ford quality and toughness. In other words, a modern classic Bronco. The 2004 looked o.k. at first glance, but on inspection just has too much poser design elements attached. So maybe a larger 2004 with the front end cleaned up more a la Icon styling.

WARDOG

Loc.
Graniteville, CA
I think that if Ford does come out with a new Bronco and it doesn't have a fully removable hard top then they to will have missed the mark and failed. Ford has the BIG SUV Market covered and they don't need another BIG Bronco. If They do it, has to be similar in size to the original Bronco with a fully removable top, solid axles, manual transfer case and tranny options and built on a frame. Also keep the price reasonable and build it with so that it is easy for the aftermarket to work with to build up a network of parts to modify and improve them like the Jeep guys have!
Like we all know already, if they play their hand right it will be a GRAND SLAM! However, if not it will be just another SUV in the lineup that will start strong and fizzle down the road. Its really up to FORD! Personally, I think that they are gonna screw it up but I really hope that I am wrong!

BRONCOITIS - you beat me to it. JUST what I was going to say.
Ford CAN compete with Heep if they construct it to fit aftermarket upgrades. Some sort of removable top to start is a must as well, the aftermaket will fill the needs quickly from there. Getting the engine / tranny combination correct right out of the gate would make it or break it. I certainly do not want a eco-boost weenie engine in it just for MPG. I get 9 mpg with my 408 now, and I don't care.

broncojohn

^^^These have it right.

All it will be is a sad attempt to cash in on the name.

Personally, it doesn't bother me a lot, I'm not a big fan of 'new'.
I own a classic Bronco because of that.

It's sad when your newer 47k f150 isn't reliable as your old Bronco