• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Latest Plant Built 1977 Bronco on the road today?

77-302

Loc.
Canton, MI
After a few conversations with other owners this summer, it got me thinking... I've seen threads on the Oldest Bronco on the road... but what about they youngest?

When I got my Marti Report I was astonished to see that mine was built during the last week of production prior to shutdown and conversion of the line to the full size 1978 Bronco.

According to my report it was scheduled for June 30th but actually produced on the 21st (no doubt in an effort to clear the line)

It wasn't sold until nearly August of that summer...

So does anyone have a "younger" truck on the road?

Xe9eQdEo

OP
OP
77-302

77-302

Loc.
Canton, MI
We documented the last of the 77's in the thread below. There are a few that were built after yours.
The last documented one that we have come up with has this vin# U15GLZ00703, built 7/77

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93141

Thanks for finding that old thread!!!

From the list including the last post reference from one on eBay in 2008 there were a handful of younger trucks out there.

July
U15GLZ00703 - Fish1
U15GLZ00194 - Broncology
U15GLZ00120 from eBay
U15GLZ00092 - Moaiz

June
U15GLY88118 - 77-302

I'm still feeling lucky that I'm in the top 5-10.
Any others?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just saw one last night that had a VIN very close to yours. I think the door decal said the production date was July '77 though (now that I think about it, it must be June). Should have taken a pic of it for reference, but it's in the driveway of a member here, so it's easy to track down.

So it sounds like it's not at the end then, but like yours, very near.

Paul

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Just saw one last night that had a VIN very close to yours. I think the door decal said the production date was July '77 though (now that I think about it, it must be June). Should have taken a pic of it for reference, but it's in the driveway of a member here, so it's easy to track down.

So it sounds like it's not at the end then, but like yours, very near.

Paul

U15GLY77406 (6/77) was the number Paul

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Your only other issue is there are lots of bronco owners that dont lurk on the site. So you could be the top 5-10 here but not the actual #5-10 running around.
I know of about 10 other broncos in my area and only one owner has frequented the site.